Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jay14mk
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

iPod problem

Please help, it used to be fine but now whenever I try to watch BT sport on my iPod, the app just closes and I am returned to my home screen.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: iPod problem

What changed - did you upgrade to iOS7 or something?

Is the date and timezone correct?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 7

@Jay14mk wrote:
Please help, it used to be fine but now whenever I try to watch BT sport on my iPod, the app just closes and I am returned to my home screen.

Try clearing the history.

Go to Safari > Bookmarks > History > Clear.

If that fails, then uninstall the BT Sport app and reinstall it.

0 Ratings
Jay14mk
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi thank you for your advice, however I have tried your suggestions, but to no avail, I have not upgraded to iOS7, and I have also deleted and re-installed the app.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 7

@Jay14mk wrote:
Hi thank you for your advice, however I have tried your suggestions, but to no avail, I have not upgraded to iOS7, and I have also deleted and re-installed the app.

You may be able to obtain advice from the Apple Support Communities.

There's a strong UK membership: it's not all American. They have all helped many times in the past. I'll ponder over the query in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 7

@Jay14mk wrote:

There's been two relevant updates to the Ipod and probably Iphone recently.

There was an update to BT WiFi (there's just the chance that you are connecting to bt Fon / Bt Wi Fi in error).

There was an update to the Bt Sport app - just go to App Store on the Ipod an see if there are any updates - they don't always show as a number next to the icon.

I always update directly from the Ipod  over WjFi and not from Itunes which is tedious.

Presumably when you reinstalled Bt Sport you did this from the App Store?

0 Ratings
Jay14mk
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply to my queries, I connect my iPod through BT infinity, I have also checked for app updates but none are available.
The iPod also now sometimes shuts down the app and returns to my 'home screen' when I am on "you tube" and Google and am watching videos etc.
0 Ratings