cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

"Internet Timed Out" error on BT Sport App on Nvidia Shield

Go to solution

Recently whenever I tried to open the BT Sport app on my nvidia shield, the app doesn't get beyond the loading page.

It does the optimising display page, then moves on to the bouncing three dots loading, gets stuck there for about 20 seconds, and then says "Internet timed out - Please check your internet connection and try again"

ref: 502a_ad86 - app version 1.2.0

This has only started happening in the last 2 weeks or so, and in that period I have not changed my set up. The Shield is connected to my router by ethernet, but the same issue occurs if I use WiFi, or if I use my phone's WiFi hotspot.

I don't think it is actually the internet, as I can load and stream things fine on other apps (iPlayer, NowTV) and the BT Sport app works fine and streams correctly on my (android) phone when connected to the same WiFi.

Any advice on what's going wrong and how to fix it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: "Internet Timed Out" error on BT Sport App on Nvidia Shield

Go to solution
It's failing because you have a very old version of the app - 1.2.0 was released in Feb 2022. Version 1.3.5 is the current one, which was released Nov 2022. Check the Play Store for updates - I recommend you leave automatic updates turned on, to prevent issues like this in future.

It should be showing an update message to you, but that's failing which is causing it to get stuck on the loading screen. I'll get this raised as a critical issue, as I can see a lot of others affected too.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ahh thank you so much! That was worked immediately.

I did have automatic updates turned on and had seen them happen previously, so thought this wasn't the issue - however when I went into the play store, it wanted me to re-authorise my google account before I could see the installed apps. Which would have been why it wasn't automatically updating.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
That's it now fixed for others too - users will see an upgrade message instead of an error. Thanks for raising it.
0 Ratings