Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharltonsTFH
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

"You have too many streams running at the same time"

Absolutely infuriating. 

Tried watching second half of Spurs tonight - and not got it on once after this "You have too many streams running at the same time" nonsense. Apparently a VC010 error.

I'm running Chrome on a PC laptop, and don't have any other streams playing at all.

I've tried everything here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45987/c/6401#vc017 - and none of it fixes anything

Please sort this issue out.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: "You have too many streams running at the same time"

One possibility is that other family members, or much worse, someone else is using your BT Sport log in to stream. A change of password may be in order.
0 Ratings
CharltonsTFH
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I'd offer it's far more likely to be BT's issue than any of the above. 

Noone in the family is using it, and the chances of someone else doing so are very very slim.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 9

Hi @CharltonsTFH and welcome back.

Thanks for posting about the streaming problems. Ive checked the VC010 error code and though 'too many streams' is one issue that might have an effect it also mentions;

Error Code VC010: You've been watching online but didn't stop the content before you closed your browser

You get this because when you were watching earlier you didn't close the browser. So when you come back to watch again, you get this error.

It's easy to fix, simply stop the content before you close your browser. You might have to wait about five minutes before you try watching again.

Can you try closing the browser next time you're streaming and post back to let me now if it help?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 9

Hi @CharltonsTFH ,

It's been a while since my previous reply. Did it help? We're keen to find out of the issue has been sorted. Can you post back and let me know?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
GPL1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I too experience this and like @CharltonsTFH am totally sure no one within my family are streaming and also sure that my account has been compromised. 

I can detail how this particlualr instance occured, I open Firefox, my usual browser on OSX for streaming BT, after logging into my account I was promted to try the new beta option, selected yes, then selected 'Watch' from the dropdown menu and preceded to seelcted the Liverpool v Sheffield United match, was re-promoted to select the beta player, promptly followed by the "youn have too many streams ..." message!😡

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 9

Hi @GPL1964 thanks for posting, sorry it sounds like the second prompt to select the beta player has caused the error message. Please can you try these steps to fix:

1. Stop all streams from the BT Sport online player and app
  2. Wait two minutes, then try watching again. It can take up to 15 minutes for a stream to completely stop

If this hasn’t fixed your problem, BT customers can click here to chat with us >

0 Ratings
AmirAbdelkader
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I am having that issue too, but on top of that i get the loading wheel but the video never plays, tried the whole cookie route and different browsers but never seem to work

0 Ratings
DaveLandon
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Having the same issue... Help! 😑 

Tried this (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45987/c/6401#vc017) and no help...

0 Ratings