Did you mean: 
Bluekenny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

"Your viewing card is not subscribed to this channel"

Go to solution

Yep, another post about BT Sport.

This is the message I get all the time.

I have a black plus box (not in Infinity area) and have initiated the sport by phoning in to BT, got the order number etc.

Contacted support a number of times all confirming that I am good for viewing at their end.

Something is clearly amiss. Anyone had a similar set of circumstances and can help here. I'm pretty sure it must be pretty minor.  

I can access BT Sport online etc.

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: "Your viewing card is not subscribed to this channel"

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Bluekenny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for responding Hunter.

I have reactivated the card and the message remains the same.

I'm fairly sure the problem is at BT's end where my subscription has not been validated, although customer services say all is OK.

Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

It reminds me of the early days of Setanta. Many similar problems with viewing cards. Back to CS I'm afraid. If it's any consolation it's a free call, Setanta was a premium rate, you should've seen my flipping phone bill.Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Bluekenny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Yep, I think you are right.

I spoke to them again and they are sending me out a new card although previous card appeared to be found alright by the system.

Anyway I'll try anything.

I would have thought with so many problems being flagged up that they must have a pretty good idea of how to solve just about anything 🙂

As I hadnt seen my particular problem on the forum is why I posted initially.

Just a thought, does the old ESPN card work for anyone or does BT Sport require the new card?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Good question. It does seem a new card is sometimes required, but why I have no idea. Maybe some older cards just cannot decrypt the signal, hence BT won't allow CAM's.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

This might be of use. Someone getting an old BT Sky Sports+ESPN card working ok.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/Error-Message-quot-VSP112-Please-wait-whilst-we-activate-your/m-...

0 Ratings
Bluekenny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks Umpire.

I'll wait till new card comes in the post and try it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mailman
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@Bluekenny wrote:

Yep, another post about BT Sport.

This is the message I get all the time.

I have a black plus box (not in Infinity area) and have initiated the sport by phoning in to BT, got the order number etc.

Contacted support a number of times all confirming that I am good for viewing at their end.

Something is clearly amiss. Anyone had a similar set of circumstances and can help here. I'm pretty sure it must be pretty minor.  

I can access BT Sport online etc.

Cheers

I had the same problem for a while , in the end they sorted it from their end . Same situation , non infinity area , loads of phone calls .

Strange that you need a viewing card ? I was told to remove mine and it's never been back in since  , still working no problem .

0 Ratings
Bluekenny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks mailman

I tried the channels without the card. The box told me I had to insert the viewing card. When I did.... back to the same message.

Think I'm gonna have to wait on new card.

If I get that and same message then have to phone BT again ....and if they manage to fix it it will be soooo frustrating cos I have been on to them so many times seeking confirmation that I have been switched on. 🙂

Anyway keeping fingers crossed

0 Ratings