Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanoffour
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

silverlight issues with bt sport

Go to solution

hi

i have the chrome message regarding silverlight , i have read some topics about it on here and have found out that on windows10 which i downloaded yesterday that their new "edge" internet explorer doesnt support silverlight , how do I change the browser?? I am a bit tec savvy but not sure about this problem , do i need to install internet explorer 10/11?

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: silverlight issues with bt sport

Go to solution

Try Firefox, which many people (me included) prefer as their default browser anyway.

I read somewhere that Edge has an Internet Explorer mode but don't know any more than that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@nanoffour wrote:

hi

i have the chrome message regarding silverlight , i have read some topics about it on here and have found out that on windows10 which i downloaded yesterday that their new "edge" internet explorer doesnt support silverlight , how do I change the browser?? I am a bit tec savvy but not sure about this problem , do i need to install internet explorer 10/11?

thanks in advance

You will see good results with IE11 and presumbly Firefox, as Pottyperson says. Although there's no information on running Edge in IE11 mode. You may be better installing it separately.
Edge doesn't support add-ons, I'm told. So you lose Siverlight, and, for example, if you had an internet security utility, you would lose, the "Safe Web", or "Site Adviser" facility.
Chrome doesn't support silverlight.

nanoffour
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
As far as I was aware I didn't have google chrome downloaded in the first place so a bit confused there!!
I am not sure what browser I am using so how can I find out?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@nanoffour wrote:
As far as I was aware I didn't have google chrome downloaded in the first place so a bit confused there!!
I am not sure what browser I am using so how can I find out?

Go into settings > default programs  > and select your browser.

IE11 should be there, as it's part of the Windows 10 package. Is there an icon, or at least, is it shown in the program listings? Click on the Windows symbol, bottom left, and look in "all apps""

Just did some "digging" while you were posting.
Edge doesn't support add-ons in the initial Windows 10 installation.....It will come later.

nanoffour
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks will try that
0 Ratings
nanoffour
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

well thought i had changed the browser to internet explorer but still getting the chrome/silverlight message when trying to watch bt sport online , dont know what else to do????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@nanoffour wrote:

well thought i had changed the browser to internet explorer but still getting the chrome/silverlight message when trying to watch bt sport online , dont know what else to do????

When you have selected and saved IE11 as your default browser (DO NOT click on the reset to defaults button) open up IE11.

At the bottom of the screen, there's a taskbar, which is a one-click shortcut to various apps.

Right click on the IE11 icon and select "pin to taskbar".

Right click on the old Edge icon, and select "unpin from taskbar"

Do the same for Google chrome, if it's there.

Uninstall Google Chrome (as it's a pain in my opinion).

If you need help on uninstall, post back, as the recommended method for this has changed.