Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thelastwilson
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

unable to cast match replays

Hello BT community

I don't get the chance to watch live games anymore but quite often put matches on while I work. I am trying to cast last nights champions league matches to my androidTV but the app insists on using the "enhanced player" which does not offer casting.

Casting works on clips and live tv but not on match replays. is this a bug or am I out of luck?  

9 REPLIES 9
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: unable to cast match replays

Hi, I have just managed to play the Liverpool match from last night. When you get to the stats page,wait for the Chromecast symbol to appear top right. Then start play and then it will prompt SD or HD.

Stew

0 Ratings
thelastwilson
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

When I try that it just plays on my phone despite "casting" be connected. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

Hmmmm....worked for me. Is the Chromecast software up to date. I know mine has just had an update. Try restarting the Chromecast, come out of BT Sports and try’s again.

Stew

0 Ratings
thelastwilson
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

no luck. Whatever I do - HD, SD, casting before opening the match, casting from the stats page or even having another btsport video already casting - it just launches the enhanced player on my phone instead of playing on the chromecast

I've tried both nvidia shield tv and a gen1 chromecast. Both are up to date and I've restarted both as well as forced closed the BT app on my phone.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

Is this recent? Have you been able to cast before? Do you have BT TV subs or are you mobile only?

Stew

0 Ratings
thelastwilson
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

I've never tried with replays before only live TV, never had an issue with the live stream and it still appears to work it's just the match replays that aren't.
0 Ratings
thelastwilson
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Just installed the bt sport app on my ipad and it's doing the same thing as my android phone so I've no idea at this point.
0 Ratings
tgbrock
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I'm having the same issue with replays of rugby games. I don't suppose anyone has found a solution?

It's currently happening with me: trying to watch a replay of last night's Gloucester v Exeter game through the BT Sport app, I'm connected via Chromecast to my TV and I can see the BT Sport and Ready To Cast logos, when I tap on the game on my phone it asks "up to SD" or "up to HD", whichever I tap on takes me to the enhanced player which gives no Chromecast option.

I'm using an iPhone on the latest iOS, and Google Home and BT Sport apps are up to date.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Hi @tgbrock 

As i understand it from previous thread in October for the Bt Sport app

Subscribers have the option of watching many live events in the Standard or the Enhanced Player for live games. While the Enhanced Player is a superior viewing experience, only the Standard Player can be Chromecast. Catch-up content will continue to be a mixture of both players.

So for catchup content you would  not get the option of Standard or Enhanced Player mode it will be the Player mode that the individual catchup content is  in.

0 Ratings