Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thompson_2009
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

vc019 error aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Go to solution

Hi

Can anyone help and tell me why no matter what i do i get the VC019 error message on every device i try to use to watch BT Sport. I have tried everything checked every setting reinstalls the log and still keep getting the same stupid error no matter what i do.

I really really really really hate BT sport now and their totally rubbish player. it is the worse and i wish i never joined BT and just want to get out of this contract as it's a total waste of time and money.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: vc019 error aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. If you're having problems on multiple devices there may be something up with your account. I've asked the moderators to look at this for you and they should post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi thompson_2009,

I sorry about that, what devices are you having issues with?  The VC019 error normally means there is an issue with the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in that is required to watch BT sport online.

Can you try the checks shown on this link Top tips for Silverlight Issues and let me know if they help?

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
thompson_2009
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi

I a manged to get it working in the end by deleting a file in the program data directory. But why i had to delete that file i dont know. i still dont like the played and do not understand why thier is not a proper windows app for it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That rings a bell. Thanks for reporting back - can you say what the file was for future reference?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
thompson_2009
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

the file i deleted was C:\program data\microsoft\playready\mspr.hds

Program data is a hidden folder.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, PlayReady was the bell that rang. It's a provider tool not apparently essential for Silverlight to run. I think you'll find it comes back, but I have it and it doesn't affect the service.

--
0 Ratings