Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steamdolly
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

via aeriel or hub

Go to solution

At present my SKY sports and ESPN, I have been getting from TopUpTV.  and my roof top aerial,  the picture is not of the best quality.   With Vision+ (which I have just ordered)  will the channels come from via: my  Hub or the aerial

Thanks Chas.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: via aeriel or hub

Go to solution

SS and ESPN will only be broadcast on Freeview by BT and TUTV for another few weeks at the most. After that you will need BTTV with Infinity (fibre broadband), or a Sky subscription to get SS. ESPN will be available free to all BT BB customers as part of the BT Sport service from 1 August.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Not fully complete answer pottyperson - a customer with a BT Vision+ box can opt to receive the BT Sports channels in SD via their aerial if they pay BT £10 for a viewing card (nb. not ESPN). This presumes they can receive the Mux they are broadcast on (which will be the same one that carries Sky Sports at the moment).

This is for the benefit of customers who do not have Infinity.

If you do have infinity however the best option is to receive via the hub as you get all 3 channels, with the option of HD.
0 Ratings
steamdolly
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks  I do have Infinity.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You are sorted then - you can get BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 & ESPN in HD for free (assuming you have 12 or more months left on your contract), and Sky Sports 1 & 2 for £20 a month extra.

Now you need to find a way to connect your box to your hub Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Colin_London wrote:
Not fully complete answer pottyperson - a customer with a BT Vision+ box can opt to receive the BT Sports channels in SD via their aerial if they pay BT £10 for a viewing card (nb. not ESPN).

The original question was specifically about Sky/ESPN.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
steamdolly
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks I have a ethernet cable in place.

0 Ratings