Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert
Accepted Solution

BT Sports channels on Infinity, Quick Question

Folks, I'm all set or BT Sports when it comes online in August. I placed the order when it became available. I'm already on the Multicast software and get SS1, SS2, and ESPN over my infinity connection. All well & good!

I have a quick question however. I understand that BT are showing trails on the BT Sports channels as broadcast over Satellite. Are they doing the same on Infinity Multicast?

I ask because at the moment I get the "You've lost connection to this channel" message when I switch to any of the four BT Sports channels (SD1, SD2, HD1, or HD2) on my BT Vision box. I may just be being paranoid. But, and it's a big but*, I've heard of some people having similar problems with some of the Unlimited Extra channels (e.g. on this thread) and I want to make sure any problems get registered sooner rather than later. I should add that I'm on Unlimited Extra channels, and it's all fine on the other channels.

Thanks.

*No laughing at the back, Molesworth!

Guru

Re: BT Sports channels on Infinity, Quick Question

[ Edited ]

I just got the extra and sports multicast channels activated today, and yes the four BT Sport channels are showing endless loops of the promotion videos.

However, I'm getting the lost connection on all multicast channels after about 10 mins of viewing. :smileymad:

Pressing the yellow last channel button twice gets things going again.

Aspiring Expert

Okay, that's worrying.:smileysad: I'm getting a VMC011 error on the BT Sports channels, but all the other channels (including the current ESPN and Sky Sports 1&2) fine over multicast. I've tried a Force Resync, but no change. I'll try re-booting the model and router, and also re-start the box. I hope this isn't going to take long to sort out....

Aspiring Expert

No, full reboot of all elements, and I still get the "You've lost connection to this channel."

:smileysad:

Any suggestions without having to go through the tech "help" desk???

Expert

What channel numbers are the multicast Sports channels?

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Guru

[ Edited ]

infinidim wrote:

This is what I can currently see for sports channels. The following are all multicast channels over Infinity when using the multicast version of the software.

034 - ESPN

041 - Sky Sports 1

042 - Sky Sports 2

937 - British Eurosport 1

938 - British Eurosport 2

943 - BT Sport 1

944 - BT Sport 2

945 - BT Sport 1 HD

946 - BT Sport 2 HD

Aspiring Expert

umpire wrote:

infinidim wrote:

This is what I can currently see for sports channels. The following are all multicast channels over Infinity when using the multicast version of the software.

034 - ESPN

041 - Sky Sports 1

042 - Sky Sports 2

937 - British Eurosport 1

938 - British Eurosport 2

943 - BT Sport 1

944 - BT Sport 2

945 - BT Sport 1 HD

946 - BT Sport 2 HD

Yep, those are the same channel numbers as I have. ESPN and Sky Sports 1 & 2 coming through multicast (with the stylised "b" for broadband in the banner, showing they're coming through multicast on my Infinity connection) fine, as are the other "Extra" channels, including the two Eurosport channels. It's just the 4 BT Sports channels that are giving me the "You've lost connection to this channels" message...

Expert

I had the same problem once, and had to go through helpdesk, they were useless so I went throught the forum mods. Very helpful, took some time but solved the problem. I suggest you do the same, but let's check this first:

Press BT Vision button on remote, go to Help & Settings -> Settings -> Entitlement Information.

What do you see in the MLTV1 heading?

I have the following:

ESPN, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Freeview HD, Vision Everything, 16778900

I assume the number at the end relates to the BT Sports channels, as it wasn't there before the channels started broadcasting on multicast.

Do you see the same as above? I suspect that if you don't see this number or something similar, your BT Sports entitlement has not been set properly.

I can't say whether it *should* be set already or whether it will be set on 1st August. However as many of us seem to already be able to see the channels, it might be a problem with your account. It might be a good idea to get Helpdesk and/or mods to check it out now rather than in August when they'll be swamped with calls of angry fans ;-)

Guru

[ Edited ]

Domino wrote:

I have the following:

I assume the number at the end relates to the BT Sports channels, as it wasn't there before the channels started broadcasting on multicast.

A logical theory, but ..... (there's always a but with BT)  :smileyhappy: 

My entitlement doesn't have a number at the end and yet I can view the promotions showing on the four BT Sport channels. I'm on Essential Extra rather than Unlimited Extra and was told they have registered me for the BT Sport HD pack.

MLTV1:    ESPN, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Freeview HD, Vision Plus

However, all my multicast channels still freeze with a VMC011 after a bit over 4 minutes of crystal clear viewing. 

Guru

DonDino wrote:

I have the following:

DonDino,

Could I ask you what it shows for your My TV when you login to My BT? 

Mine just says TV Essential. No mention of the extra channels, or any sports channels. It was incorrect for years when I was on the Total Sports Max package and it's still incorrect now I have moved to a new package. Is it really so difficult for them to just display the same information that is correct on my bill and Vision box?