Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BT sport channels scrambled on smart tv

Hi There i have subscribed to BT sport  and can view the three channels via sky fine, but when I try and view via my second samsung smart tv on channels 58 and 59 I get a scrambled signal. They worked fine on opening night last night. What has happened ? Samsung model is ue22es5400w internet connection is fine. Can someone help please.

Thanks

Phil

Distinguished Sage

Re: BT sport channels scrambled on smart tv

the first night was unencrypted whereas you need to pay for the channels as you are getting them free on sky   only one free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

ahh ok how much to subscribe to the additional channels on my other tv ? Also not quite the advise I got from BT this morning but hey ho

Aspiring Expert

I think BTS/ESPN is only available via DTT using a BT Vision+ box as you need a £10 CAM Slot card from BT.

Distinguished Guru

As already noted, channels 58 and 59 are encrypted.  BT only issues decoder cards for BT Vision boxes, as part of a BT Vision subscription (the BT Sport is free, but BT Vision isn't).

Alternatives are to get it added to the decoder card on a Sky box, get it streamed over Infinity on BT Vision or YouView (but not yet on a retail YouView box, only one supplied by BT), or just watch it on the btsport.com web site.