Aspiring Expert
tellboy

BTSport 1 and BTSport 2

As I understand it these channels will be on freeview 41 & 42 for ADSL customers?

If I can get infinity but do not want it due to household disruption will I be allowed to have BTSrort 1 & 2 via. freeview?

I currently have SS1 & SS2 but may have to dump them due to the disruption of having infinity installed.

All the best

Aspiring Expert
andy_247

Re: BTSport 1 and BTSport 2

I believe the whole purpose of BT giving away the free sports channels is to get people moving onto Infinity - so if you live in an infinity enabled area but choose not to take infinity then I believe BT won't give you free sports.
Aspiring Expert
tellboy

If this is the case then it seems BT are determined to lose my custom.

All the best

Contributor
wdpwdp

[ Edited ]

andy_247,

I spoke to BT this morning and they confirmed that the customer has the choice, if they live in a BT Infinity enabled area, to either -

1. upgrade to BT Infinity and therefore receive BT Sport for free, or

2. remain on normal broadband, and still receive BT Sport for free, if you buy a £10 viewing card

BT also inferred that Sky Sports currently viewed through normal broadband will not be withdrawn anytime soon

I then actually upgraded to BT Infinity...purely because they offered me a 12 month contract at the same price which I currently pay for normal broadband, with no activation, nor setup, nor installation costs...result...!!!

Aspiring Contributor
cardy1970

I live in a non infinity area, and just ordered broadband and Vision+ on the phone for BT Sport, was told i would be contacted in July about paying/ordering the card for the 1st August launch.

Aspiring Expert
andy_247

Hi wdpwdp - really? This surprises me, but I've no reason to question you :smileywink: so apologies, I stand corrected!

However, on your point regarding Sky Sports - BT have informed me that unless I upgrade to infinity then I'll lose sky sports from June 3rd (I believe quite a few people have received this too). So while sky sports may be available those on normal broadband if you're in an non-infinity enabled area, you'll need to upgrade to infinity if you are in an infinity enabled area.
Contributor
wdpwdp

[ Edited ]

andy_247,

When I said that I wanted to continue with Sky Sports and believed the only way to do this was to upgrade to BT Infinity, I was told this is not necessarily the case.  I must admit that I don't believe what BT said any more than you do, according to recent Press Releases and letters received by many contributors on this forum, we will just need to wait and see.

Try calling 0800 121 4505...and ask to speak to Charlotte.  Just to confirm my story.

Aspiring Expert
andy_247

Hey wdpwdp - don't get me wrong, I completely believe you so there's no need for confirmation of your story - it's more BT that I don't really believe, they seem to change their story every two minutes! :smileyhappy:

All that said, I'm quite tempted to give Charlotte a call anyway just to say hi :smileywink:
Contributor
wdpwdp

andy_247,

No problem, no offence taken.  You're right in saying that BT change their story every two minutes.

My suggestion to call BT was to see if they tell you the same thing as they told me...would be a first if they showed any sort of consistency...haha!!!

Charlotte was very helpful indeed.

Aspiring Expert
tellboy

Perhaps the MODS would post to put us all straight.

I am getting more and more confused by the minute.

At the moment I intend to let SS1 & SS2 lapse. BT have suggested this will be after 3 June 2013 in the letter I received.

August 18 approaches, start of premier league season, I will then see what the options are.

I just can't believe BT's approach is to let all those who currently have ADSL and SS1/SS2 and ESPN but don't want the hassle of having infinity installed with no where to go but Sky. This is a real own goal.

All the best