Aspiring Contributor
jj77

BTSport on Sky - BT Broken Promises.

My daughter &  family have shared our home for 17 years.   We have Two separate BT accounts, Two Telephone numbers, Two BT Infinity packages and both pay by DD monthly.  We also have Two Sky Viewing cards.

My Account  -   I registered for FREE BTSport and entered into a new 12 months Broadband and Calls package which started on the 29th July 2013 and BT Sport was activated on 1st August. I have received written confirmation from BT for both services.

Daughters Account - Tried to register her account ( Different Account number, telephone number, Direct Debit details, and SKY viewing card ) since 29th July and was regularly transferred over the next 10 days to Customer Services, BT Sport, Complaints, Broadband,  Viewing, and the Technical Team. The shortest call was 35 minutes and 3 calls over 60 minutes - cut off TWICE whilst waiting for yet another transfer.  My current monthly telephone bill shows I have been charged for contacting BT on 4 occasions.!!   After I sent an e-mail to Complaints on 6th August,  BTSport was activated on the 9th August and is still active.

My Account  -  Still working up to 11th August when I went on Holiday. Returned on 17th August , NO BTSport but message reading "Call the broadcaster to upgrade etc". Rang BT who promised a Manager would rectify this and would call me back within 2 hours, No one did. Sent an E-mail with the same Incident number to complaints on Saturday evening. No acknowledgement.   Yesterday contacted accounts re possible termination of our contracts. Initial contact Susan assured me this would definately be sorted and said she had referred the matter to Gemma, her level 1 manager who would find out where the problem lay and she would ring me back within 2 hours!! Guess what no contact.

Sent another e-mail today but again no reply.

I have been a customer of BT continuously since 1958 and it is the last resort for me to seek another provider.

BT accept BTSport should be available on both Accounts but seem unable to do it,

Can anyone suggest what else I can do  

Sage
imjolly

Re: BTSport on Sky - BT Broken Promises.

Is there only 1 sky account in your name and your daughter is using the multiroom facility on your account as that would explain the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
jj77

No we have 2 Accounts, 2 DD monthly payments, 2 telephone numbers, and 2 Sky viewing cards.We have both received letters, mine on 29th July and my daughter on 8th August confirming the free BT SPort pack.  

BT agree we should have FREE BT Sport on both Accounts but technically seem unable to sort this. This morning I received a bill of £29 for setting up and one months rental for BTSport for a completely new Account.  I rang BT who asked me if I wanted to cancel this new Account otherwise if I did not pay the Bill would be sent to Debt Collectors.  I was asked to hold whilst they contacted the relevant Dept to sort this out. I hung on for 50 mins and then was cut off.

I Despair 

Sage
imjolly

sorry but to clarify you have 2 bt accounts but do you have 2 sky accounts - one in your name and 1 in your daughter's name - no just 2 sky cards.  I have 2 sky cards but only 1 account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.