Aspiring Contributor
jimbojones

Cannot get BT Sport on my BT Vision+ Box

I signed up to BT Sport via my Vision+ box. I have received my viewing card and followed all the instructions precisely but I cannot get the sport channels to appear in my tv guide. I have spoken to technical experts at BT who have stated that I canot get the BT Sport channels in my area.

Can anyone help?

Guru
guilbo

Re: Cannot get BT Sport on my BT Vision+ Box

[ Edited ]

do you know which transmitter you are using?

This site may help if you don't. Use the postcode search on the right.

To receive the BTS channels over DTT your transmitter needs to broadcast the COM6 mux.

Aspiring Contributor
jimbojones

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the website you suggested and you're right. My transmitter doesn't support the COM6 mux. What really frustrates me is that when I signed up for BTS I was told categorically by the lovely lady at BT that I would be able to receive BTS via an aerial. When I first started looking into this I saw all the bad posts about BT but didn't realy believe they could be that bad. THEY ARE! Anyone else about to sign up needs to check this to make sure you are not one of the 5 million households not able to receive BTS transmission. Don't expect BT to tell you because they will not. They are a complete and utter farce.

Aspiring Expert
davyl23

Any other transmitters that cover your area , you might be able to get aerial realigned if other signal possible.
Beginner
Ralgex

This is a new problem that I have just encountered.  Took the BT contract out back in May on the anticipation I would receive BT Sport.  The sales lady said yes you would definately receive it, and so I took the contract out.  Time was going by and I hadn't received my viewing card from BT so rang and they said I wouldn't get it through my broadband because I wasn't in an Infinity enabled exchange.  I knew I couldn't get Infinity, but nobody told me that it still would not come through my broadband until 3 days ago.  So the saga continued.  I rang BT and spoke to the Vision team and they confirmed that I would need to get the BT Sport via my freeview aerial. However when I explained that in our area we are off a relay signal and have limited channels, he said, oh sorry I wouldn't have thought you would receive it then.  Now I was a very angry customer, and asked why the hell wasn't this explained to me at time of purchase!  He told me to write a letter of complaint which I subsequently did, no reply yet  Then I get a message on my BT Vision + box to say that I can receive BT Sport and that I need my card to activate it.  Confused.com!!!!  So I rang BT again and explained this, and he said, 'Oh because you have had that message you should be able to receive BT Sport', forgive my sceptisism here but I have been here before.  So apparently my viewing card should reach me tomorrow, for which I have had to pay £10 for the privelage, and we will wait and see whether it does actually work. I very much doubt it, and if so I'll be sending the card back and demanding a refund!  Having looked on these forums I am in hope rather than expectation.  Why do I suspect that BT customer services are currently inundated with thousands of disgruntled customers who were not told they could not receive BT Sport because of their transmitter.  Sort it out BT!

Aspiring Contributor
jimbojones

Only another relay station. So it seems I have no choice other than to watch sport on a pc - which is not what I signed up for. It will be interesting to see if the moderators pick up on this thread and get someone in a responsible position for BT to comment. Somehow I don't think they will.

Beginner
Ralgex

Just an update on my last post.. My viewing card eventually arrived, 2 days later than promised, loaded it in, nothing.  So I left it a while as suggested, then tried again still nothing.  Reluctantly I contacted the Vision dept, and after going through the usual diagnostic tests, switch the broadband off, wait for it to come back on, then press the blue button on the Vision + box until it flashes red and then re-boots, still nothing.  After being on hold, the call-handler confirms to me that he has made investigations and there was on-going engineering works on my transmitter which should be completed within 24 hours after which I should be able to watch BT Sport.  Naturally I was pleased.  This was Saturday morning.  I left it until Monday to see whether I had been given false promise, and guess what? Well you don't have to be Hetty Wainthrope or Hercule Poirot to work it out, nothing!!  Yet another call to BT, and after getting through quite quickly for the first time since May I spoke to a different call handler in the Vision team who said that he had no record of any engineering works to my local transmitter!  Dismayed, I reluctantly went through the same diagnostic tests with him, nothing.  I did at this point tell him that I had done plenty of research into this and that the problem was with the transmitter nothing submitting on the COM6 frequency which would allow me to have BT Sport.  Again I asked why this wasn't explained to me at time of sale, and he couldn't explain why, but I guess that wasn't his area.  He did give my details to a third party company who have agreed to run a test on my aerial to determine whether I can get a signal from one of the main transmitters, unlikely but there is no charge so worth a go. I live in a valley above Neath in South Wales and so the chances of me getting a signal are remote (no pun intended).  I commented to the lady on the phone that I know the reason why I can't get BT Sport plus a whole host of channels, and she basically confirmed I was right and that I would not receive off a relay transmitter.  So thank you BT for surpassing yourselves, I have wasted hours on the phone, have been mis-sold and once I get confirmation on Friday that I cannot get BT Sport via my aerial I'll be demanding a refund on my activation fee and also the £10 for the card, what a joke.  The management at Sky must be loving this because I am sure I am not the only one encountering the same issues.

Beginner
Ralgex

Final post from me - took the liberty of actually contacting the company that runs the mast near to my home.  And I have it in writing that if you receive your tv signal from a relay transmitter you will not be able to view BT Sport 1 & 2 as these transmitters do not radiate the COM6 multiplex and the relay transmitters only radiate PSB1,2 and 3, and there are no plans in the near future for this to change.  So there you have it folks no BT Sport for me and I am sure 1000's of others.  Thanks for nothing BT, disgrace