Aspiring Contributor
OneManTagTeam

How do you cancel BT Sports?

I'm currently on Sky HD but I'm cancelling it as the majority of programmes I watch are on freeview.

I signed up online for BT Sports back in May but I've changed my mind & don't wish to go ahead with it anymore.

How do you cancel this before the season starts?
Contributor
Haribo

Re: How do you cancel BT Sports?

I would assume you need to ring BT ASAP.

Did you pay teh activation charge of £15? It would be interesting to see if you got that back.

I think it is very strange that BT have apparently been taking that charge from people's bank accounts months before the channels are activated. I suppose it earns them interest and increases their cashflow.

Aspiring Contributor
OneManTagTeam

Just a follow up. I rang up & cancelled & got my £15 refunded to me. I also got another bill for around £5 a few days after I cancelled but that gas been cancelled too.

I really see no reason for the high activation fee & bills before the service has even started
Expert
MartinH

OneManTagTeam wrote:
Just a follow up. I rang up & cancelled & got my £15 refunded to me. I also got another bill for around £5 a few days after I cancelled but that gas been cancelled too.

I really see no reason for the high activation fee & bills before the service has even started

BT have to pay Sky when the card is activated to receive then channels. It makes sense that they'd charge you at the same time. 

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Just to explain that BT charge in advance for standard items. I guess that if you had continued with the service your billing date would have been somewhere in the middle of the month, and the £5 would have been for the part-month at the start of your contract. It would then have continued at £12 a month on the billing date.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.