Guru
stuartrogerson

Re: Power line adapters for bt sport

BTTV do not support the use of PLAs
Having sad that I am happily sitting here using them for my 18 multicast channels and HD streams on my Vision box
I can also watch all the promos for BT Sports.
I do not have super fast speeds just a steady 25.
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Aspiring Contributor
TractorGirl327

I am very annoyed

We signed up for BT Vision thinking we were going to be able to watch BT Sport on the TV

We also have the Powerline adapters because our Home Hub is upstairs and the TV is downstairs

BT Sport shows up on the TV Guide but it says I need a viewing card to watch it

In the BT Vision User guide it says:

Extra TV, BT Sport and Sky Sports Channels

Can I use Powerline adapters with these channels?

No.  Channels that use your broadband connection don't support Powerline adapters, so you'll need to connect your Hub and BT Vision box using an Ethernet cable

THE REASON I AM USING THE POWERLINE ADAPTERS IS BECAUSE THE HUB IS TOO FAR AWAY FROM THE BT VISION BOX TO USE A RUDDY CABLE!!!!

What can I do?  If I get a Viewing card will I then be able to get BT Sport?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aspiring Expert
Colin_London

Sounds like you are trying to view the DTT versions of BT Sport which come via an aerial and require a viewing card,

Have you tried retuning your box and then looking on channels 507 - 509?
Aspiring Contributor
TractorGirl327

The box did an upgrade this morning and I now have channels 507-509 , and I'm using powerline ... result!

Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TractorGirl327

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beginner
StuartTaylor

I have just had an upgrade to BT Infinity, and yes the PLA's are still working and I can watch BTSports. I have a YouView box.

It took 5 days to eventually start working after having Infinity installed and ordering BTSport, I have no idea why, initially I thought it was due to the PLA's not being compatible, but when I tried an ethernet cable it didnt fix the problem.

Anyway, everything ok now.