Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40
Accepted Solution

Viewing cards switched on at 6.00pm?

I know that sounds daft but my BT Vision box says I am not subscribed yet. Ordered BT Sport and changed package weeks ago and current bill reflects that. Not so bothered about the City game tonight but want Stevie G's testimonial on Saturday.

Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40

Re: Viewing cards switched on at 6.00pm?

Looks like they have changed the front page of website, all glossy but when you click on anything you go back to the old loop.

Tried to see online and clicked to try and order again and it comes up with 'BT Sport channels are not available on your BT TV'?

I have a BT Vision Box (Black), Viewing card, I used to have Sky Sports and ESPN so I thought I was good to go. I don't want to stream to an app on my phone! Aarrgghh.

Aspiring Contributor
newbluesfan

"I have a BT Vision Box (Black), Viewing card, I used to have Sky Sports and ESPN so I thought I was good to go. I don't want to stream to an app on my phone! Aarrgghh."

AFAIK you also need Infinity as well as the above box of tricks to get Sports through the Vision Box - or am I incorrect??

I too am hoping not to stream to my PC but without Infinity............. grrrr!

Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40

It is supposed to come down the aerial on Freeview I thought, like Sky Sports did, that is why we lost Sky Sports.

Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40

I get this...

'You do not have BT Sport on this account yet. If you have recently placed an order for BT Sport, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online soon. If you haven't ordered BT Sport yet, find out how to get it below.'

I placed my order weeks ago!

Aspiring Contributor
newbluesfan

looking again at the 3 options on this link and I think I might still be correct that Infinity is a must for Vision Box Sports - hope I am wrong!

https://www.bt.com/sport/

ps: hope I have set up the link properly

Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40

Hi, I thought you only needed Infinity if you had a YouView box because no viewing card slot. This is a right mess!

Aspiring Contributor
newbluesfan

My take on this is that they are using BT Vision Box Sports to sell their Infinity packages!

Many people, myself included, who cannot get Infinity have lost Sports channel access (Sky Sports and now BT Sport) on Vision boxes and have to scratch around on PCs etc.

Understandable from BT viewpoint but very annoying for loyal customers unable to get Infinity AND no prospect in sight of getting Infinity in this area at least!!

CraigS

Hi everyone,

I am sorry you are having some problems with the viewing card.

Have a look through this link just to double check the card is set up right:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42870

If you are still having problems after this then let me know

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
Fozziebear40

Cheers, I tried that but you get...

Unfortunately your request cannot be processed at this time, please call one of our customer service advisors on 0800 111 4567 between the hours of 8am - 4am for further assistance.