Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Vision+ with Power adaptors on Infinity 2

I have the set up above (vision + box with vison essentials. The link is via power adaptors from the hub. I have the BT infinity 2 broadband package.

Do I need to change anything in order to get BT Sport?

Am I right in thinking that I need a cable connection??

Thanks

Guru

Re: Vision+ with Power adaptors on Infinity 2

That depends on the speed at the Powerline adapters. Try plugging in a laptop or computer via Ethernet to the powerline adapter at BT Vision end. Run a speed test. They don't support the non use of cables but my multicast channels including HD are perfect through the adapters with a speed of 30mbs

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits | Kafka's World
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.
When I actually go to the order page on the BT sport ordering section it tells me that I'll need a cable installed. Are you saying that this may not be the case?
Guru

Yes I am, it is sitting in front of me working through the power line adapters

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits | Kafka's World
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Aspiring Expert

Order away, they'll send the cable for free so you can try it out both ways
Beginner

Thanks. That's what I've now done. Hopeful the power adaptors will work though! It appears I needed a new hub too, so one is on the way.
Expert

I can run my laptop at 40Mb on my power adapters and Sky Go streams great, So I don't think there will be any problem with BT Sports.
iechyd da
sky twitter account a customer ask why sky go streams are worst then sd and yet bt and eurosports apps stream in hd. Reply from mod, oh thats easy the files for hd are some huge that sky go can't play them and no app can stream hd due to this and so when they say they are they're really sd streams, if there was any way around this we would have done it now.
Contributor

i`m on infinity, hub upstairs youview box downstairs connected by the supplied powerline adaptors, i connected my laptop downstairs to the  adaptor tried the speed test on bt.com and it told me i was getting 39.9 meg at the hub and 29.9 at my laptop so am hoping that will be ok for sports in HD, can anyone give me a yes or no answer if i will automatically receive the sports channels or do i have to register for them, when my yv box was installed in january with i assume a 12 month contract they aligned my infinity contract to run concurrently with yv...thanks...chris

Expert

isitmee,

Yep that space with run HD no problem, I've got the odd 1 or 2 Tabs (5 lol) and I've had them all running 720p/1080p HD at the same time wirelessly plus doing work on my DeskTop. Go here to sign up for BT Sport to get a year free HD.

http://www.bt.com/sport/

iechyd da

sky twitter account a customer ask why sky go streams are worst then sd and yet bt and eurosports apps stream in hd. Reply from mod, oh thats easy the files for hd are some huge that sky go can't play them and no app can stream hd due to this and so when they say they are they're really sd streams, if there was any way around this we would have done it now.
Aspiring Contributor

Just been told by BT that it is not possible (in my FTTP setup) to get BT Sport HD using power adaptors, as it comes directly from the modem, and that the only option to bridge the 30 ft and 3 room gap between my TV (and proposed Youview box) and the modem would be to install an ethernet cable through my loft, which BT could arrange for £35 on top of the £49 activation charge! I declined as I was irritated to be told this at the last minute, when the order for Vision was about to be finalised. (The location of the modem in our office next to the PC was recommended by the engineer even though I said we might eventually want Vision as well.)
From reading this forum, I now think the statement that power adaptors won't work may have been a load of bull. Am I right?

Thanks