Aspiring Contributor
bbeettaa

BT Sport HD free on Virgin Media XL

Hi All,

I'm certain this has been brought up before but I am a little surprised to learn that BT Sport HD is free if you have the XL TV Package with Virgin Media.

I currently have BT vision, phone line and BT infinity (75mb), I also pay additional money for channels to be matched similar to what I had with Virgin (Essentials Package)

Obviously I am quite disappointed to hear that this is the case and I was curious to know why the HD channels for sport haven't been added to any packages?  Is there a plan to do this?

Expert
StewM

Re: BT Sport HD free on Virgin Media XL

BT Sports HD was free if you signed up before 1st August. Is not the XL package with Virginthe top package? Therefore not every Virgin customers gets BT Sports free.
Aspiring Contributor
bbeettaa

Was it? I had a new infinity package in mid-May and I wasn't offered this?

Please could you tell me how I go about arranging this,

On the XL Note, yes correct that is the top TV package but that's irrelevant - it's still free!

Many Thanks.
Expert
MartinH

[ Edited ]

bbeettaa wrote:

On the XL Note, yes correct that is the top TV package but that's irrelevant - it's still free!

Many Thanks.

Being frank, you're wasting your time being concerned with what Virgin Media customers get because BT has no control over it. Once VM and BT signed a wholesale deal giving VM access to the channels, it became a matter solely for VM how they priced the channel. 

You're better contacting BT direct - this is a user to user forum - and asking them what you were entitled to and requesting thet they review any recording of the sales calls to ensure you were offered everything you should have been. 

Expert
StewM

bbeettaa wrote:

Many Thanks.
You signed up for Infinity. You needed to sign up for BT Sports and HD was included. If you want BT Sports now you can have that free with Infinity but you will need to pay extra for the HD.
Virgin have their own packages and have BT Sports on a wholesale basis. If they wish to offer their top package HD & SD free then that is upto Virgin. The majority of Virgin customer has to pay £12/£15 pm for BT Sports so not sure where you get the "irrelevant" from.

Aspiring Contributor
bbeettaa

Sorry I didn't come back to you on this.

It's irrelevant in my opinion as I also pay for TV - so that shouldn't be a factor :smileyhappy:

Disappointed to hear I've missed the boat, probably down to the far from simple sign up etc.

Thanks for your help