Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BT Sport and my Freesat set up

Dear Forums

My Problem is this: I have a Freesat setup using a Humax freesat 320G box connected to a Sky Dish with 2 outputs to record and view simultaneosly. I do not have Sky. My BT Broadband package is Infinity with unlimited. Is there any way I can get the promised free BT sport on this setup without having to spend more money on BT vision, subscribe to Sky, or just use the app for my iPad. The Humax box has an ethernet port which I have tried connecting with the Router, but no Joy. Am I stuffed and have to sign up with BT vision to get their box? Can I go on e-bay and buy a Sky+ box (but with no card) or is their a way I can use my existing system to access BT Sport?

Any Help would be appreciated.

Distinguished Guru

Re: BT Sport and my Freesat set up

Welcome to the forum. Even as a BT broadband customer you need a BTTV or Sky subscription to get BT Sport on TV. You can stream the internet content to a telly via HDMI from a computer though.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Expert

I presume you could buy a second hand Sky box and buy a Freesat viewing card from Sky. I haven't got Sky so I don't know if it could be done this way. You wouldn't be able to record though without a Sky subscription.

Aspiring Expert

pottyperson wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Even as a BT broadband customer you need a BTTV or Sky subscription to get BT Sport on TV. You can stream the internet content to a telly via HDMI from a computer though.

There is no need for a sky subscription of any kind.

A second hand sky box and an active FSFS card will allow someone to watch BT Sport on the satellite platform.

A subscription would allow you to record but is not necessary.

Aspiring Expert

[ Edited ]

Hunter2660 wrote:

I presume you could buy a second hand Sky box and buy a Freesat viewing card from Sky. I haven't got Sky so I don't know if it could be done this way. You wouldn't be able to record though without a Sky subscription.

Yes it can.

A used sky box can be bought very cheaply on a particular auction site. Then the OP would simply ring sky and order a £25   FSFS card. I believe this card lasts a good few years before it needs to be replaced.

OP, if you are getting a sky box just for the BT sport then you will need an extra cable from your dish in order to ensure you can carry on recording on 2 tuners on your freesat box.

Thanks everyone,

This has been really helpful, Initially i can get BT sport via the laptop and output it onto the TV via HDMI and i will look into getting a skybox and card from that well known website later! This has saved me money on not having to subscribe to BT TV which does'nt work on freesat anyway!

Kindest regards

Hi, I have recently signed up to BT broadband and have been watching BT sport through the PC.

I watch TV through a sky box with a Freesat card.

Is it possible to watch BT sport through the sky box with a freesat card? If so, how do I set it up?

Thanks

Contributor

You can do it through 'my bt'. Look for the 'watch sports through a sky box', then add you viewing card number to the associated box. 

And bingo.

Smiley Madwhat a con!! I just signed up to BT and during the on-line chat I was told that when I had my account set up, I would be able to get BT Sport on my Freesat, Humax plus box. It looks as though someone was telling porkies!!! I'm not impressed..................

Distinguished Guru

If you want to cancel your order on the grounds that it was missold you'll need to contact BT.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.