Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert
Accepted Solution

BT Sport availability on Freesat & Freesat from Sky

All,

Do we have clear guidance about whether Freesat and Freesat From Sky (they being two different entities) will have access to BT Sports, assuming the customer is a BT Broadband customer already? I ask because my mother, in her mid-70s would like to get the BT Sports. At the moment, she can't move to Infinity, as it's not available where she is, so I'm looking into the Satellite options. I'd rather not get her too hooked into Sky's clutches, given that at the moment on Freeview, she generally only watches a few channels. It's Sport that she's missing, and BT Sports is the ideal one to sate her sports thirst!

If FreeSat of one form or another can get BT Sports, that would be great, as it would stop her from having to fork out the £21 min a month for the most basic Sky package...

Cheers

Aspiring Expert

Re: BT Sport availability on Freesat & Freesat from Sky

FearlessFred wrote:

All,

Do we have clear guidance about whether Freesat and Freesat From Sky (they being two different entities) will have access to BT Sports, assuming the customer is a BT Broadband customer already? I ask because my mother, in her mid-70s would like to get the BT Sports. At the moment, she can't move to Infinity, as it's not available where she is, so I'm looking into the Satellite options. I'd rather not get her too hooked into Sky's clutches, given that at the moment on Freeview, she generally only watches a few channels. It's Sport that she's missing, and BT Sports is the ideal one to sate her sports thirst!

If FreeSat of one form or another can get BT Sports, that would be great, as it would stop her from having to fork out the £21 min a month for the most basic Sky package...

Cheers

You can get it with Freesat from Sky (but not Freesat). You require a viewing card, but only need a suscription if you wish to record.

Aspiring Expert

Thanks!

Thanks for that I have a Freesat box (Humax) and have asked twice about BT Sport - each time told use Sky. Each time I have said I don't have Sky and don't want Sky which was followed by silence. So the simple answer is I cannot have BT Sport via Freesat unless I subscribe to Sky and get one of their boxes.

Distinguished Expert

You don't need to subscribe to Sky. You only need a Sky box and a Freesat from Sky card.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star