Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: BT Sport on my Samsung Smart TV

Just a heads up for aerodynamic750.  You can apparently get BT sales to send you a card for use in a sky box for just £10.

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks Haribo

This is probably a daft question but I'm wondering...... if I get a second hand sky box off ebay and also buy the £10 card from BT that you mention, does the sky box need to be connected to a satellite dish or, seeing as BT Sport is available over the internet, will it work if I just connect the sky box to the internet? I ask because I don't have a sky dish or a spare cable coming from my freesat dish.

Thanks

Gaz

Contributor

aerodynamic750 wrote:

Thanks Haribo

This is probably a daft question but I'm wondering...... if I get a second hand sky box off ebay and also buy the £10 card from BT that you mention, does the sky box need to be connected to a satellite dish or, seeing as BT Sport is available over the internet, will it work if I just connect the sky box to the internet? I ask because I don't have a sky dish or a spare cable coming from my freesat dish.

Thanks

Gaz

The box needs to be connected to a dish.  But you can connect it to your freesat dish. The dishes and satellites are the same.

You might just need some more cabling putting in.

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks for explaining things Haribo, much appreciated.

Beginner

I reckon you may get it through the internet browser on some Bluray players. I can bring the BT Sport website up on my Sony bluray and get the Clare Balding stuff to play. It has silverlight. Might be good for folk in non infinity regions and with a Youview box. Had thought of paying a tenner for a card and using my ESPN CAM but might as well save the tenner and try this first. Might even watch a bluray on it at sometime ! ;-)

Aspiring Contributor

Thanks Findo_Gask

What Sony BluRay player do you have please? I have a Panasonic DMP-BDT310, so will give it a try.

Cheers

Gaz

Beginner

I have a Sony BDP-S390 Bluray. Can access most stuff through the internet browser. On another topic some "expert" said that due to a lack of silverlight some machines wouldn't be able to show the footie. As I said it plays Clare Balding and the others chaff.

Aspiring Contributor

If you get the BT Sport app now available on iOS and Android, then download another app called ZappoTV, you can stream the BT Sport app to the Samsung Smart TV. Works fine for me.

[insert witty signature here]
Aspiring Contributor

I am baffled not really into computers etc. old and female not good. I love my smart TV and I am thinking of just signing up online for my laptop. Since reading you comment do I download these two apps. from my laptop save in on a memory stick and install on my smart TV? Help needed!
Aspiring Contributor

After being told by BT I could not watch BT Sport on my Smart TV I have simply retuned my Smart TV amd can watch it on channel 57 no apps needed just need to sign up now. No apps. to download I will ring BT and advise them Hee! Hee!