Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moto GP Commentators for 2014

Who are BT going to use as commentators for Moto GP next year. When Moto GP went onto the BBC five  years ago I watched one race and it was terrible, after that I watched it later in the day on Eurosport as the commentators were rubbish compared to Julian and Toby. It will be like snooker without Whispering Ted, or Formula 1 without Murray Walker, or the Tour de France without Phil Liggett. Julian and Toby just have a rapport and can brighten even the dullest practice session or race making it interesting and funny. It won't be the same without them. GIVE JULIAN AND TOBY THE JOB.

Contributor

Re: Moto GP Commentators for 2014

Id hope BT take on the BBC team. I love the sound of that mad aussie, it won't be the same without him

Contributor

MCN are speculating that it maybe Julian Ryder and Keith Huewen which will be a good combination from skys WSB days. I personally really, really hope its not Cox (who is ok............ and no I dont have a third armpit!!!.... makes sense if hear his commentary) and Parrish (who is rubbish).

I much prefered Toby Moody and Julian Ryder (my 1st choice) who have the right blend of enthusiasm with knowledge for commentry but usualy watched the BBC for the race because of the interviews/pit lane/grid chat which Eurosport didn't do, I just had to put up with Cox and Parish.

I would usualy watch Eurosport for Moto 2&3 for Moody and Ryder and then switched over to BBC for MotoGP. 

I am hoping BT will improve over the BBC's coverage, Matt Roberts did a good job but the BBC just didnt put the time into the Schedule for it to be done properly. I hope BT have an eye on Sky's F1 coverage which is excellent (more than can be said for the racing) they do lots and lots of extras, some of the reports Ted Kravitz does is way more entertaining than the racing (unless your a RedBull fan).

Contributor

BT Sport were showing live coverage of the Valencia post season test, on the 11th and 12th November.  Not at all bad, from watching some of the recording, included live on-bike and also in garage shots, along with some tech talk.  Don't know who the commentary team were, but wasn't Huewen or Ryder.

As far as I know, they have promised a lot more coverage of Moto GP, so looking forward to that.

Guru

I think one of the commentators was Gavin Emmett... looked like BT took the feed (& probably commentary as well) that motogp.com use for their on-line streaming.

Would expect the BT coverage next year  to be generally good as it is reported that NorthOne TV are involvrd.

Contributor

If it is NorthOne thats producing the MotoGP for BT then it stands a great chance of being a success, so long as they don't cut into it with ad breaks, because it will dive and i mean badly if they do. 

It was ITV that killed their F1 coverage doing that but production was fantastic, by NorthOne.

Side note though, jesus BT sort that massive BT SPORT logo out and get it transparent for crying out loud!!!!!! 

Contributor

BTSport's commentators Valencia MOTOGP test 12/11/2013; Gavin Emmett, Gregory Haines & Pit comments Dylan Gray - coverage excellent! A new experience, I've never been able to view a test before!!

Having watched MotoGP on BBC and Eurosport, I have to say the presentation team of Toby and Julian on Eurosport are without parallel. They are the perfect pair and with the addition of Spalders on race days makes the team the best of any on any sport. I'm pretty certain the vast majority of MotoGP fans know this team will make the BT presentation of MotoGP even better than it has ever been! Sign them up BT!

Yes Yes Yes it has to be Toby and Julian I always watched motogp coverage on eurosport just because of their commentary always felt frustrated on BBC but enjoyed the build up with Matt.

Contributor

I don't care if it's Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Muttley, **bleep** Dastardly & the Blues Brothers doing the commentary for MotoGP on BTSport, I hope I have the intelligence to make up my own mind on what I am watching! It's the racing I am interested in watching, not spending the rest of my life judging the coverage!