Expert
umpire
Accepted Solution

Question about the BT Sport free weekend

BT have made great fanfare about allowing free access to BT Sport this weekend starting from 6pm today.

See http://sport.bt.com/watchnow/programmes/free-access-this-weekend-S11363841724478

The way I read the announcement, all three channels would be available to those on the Sky platform. I mentioned this to someone I know who has Sky and they have told me that they can view BT Sport 1 (413 or 426) but not BT Sport 2 or ESPN. 

So my question is this ...

Is the announcement a bit confusing and only BT Sport 1 is available for free, or does the Sky customer have to do anything to watch BT Sport 2 and ESPN, or have BT not set things up correctly?

Can anybody who is not subscribed to BT Sport verify the situation on Sky?

Contributor
Popeye13

Re: Question about the BT Sport free weekend

BT Sport 1 & 2 aswell as ESPN are fre to view on Sky. Meaning you need an active viewing card to watch them but you do not have to be a Sky subscriber.

I have one Sky sub box ad another thats used only for the free channels in my house, Freesat From Sky and i can view the BT Sport & ESPN channels on that and in HD aswell. 

Only BT Sport 1 is available on Freeview, so check your friend didn't by accident check a Freeview box.

But you do not need to do anything to be able to watch them on Sky. They will simply become available for the duration of BT's free period.

Expert
umpire

Thanks for the info.

Definitely not Freeview. They are a full Sky TV with Sky Sports subscriber (Sky Broadband, not BT Broadband). They told me that on their Sky box they could view BT Sport 1 in SD and HD but not the other two channels. Normally they can't view any of them as they don't subscribe to BT Sport.

Strange.

Expert
umpire

Update.

I just texted them and they tried again and can now view the other two channels. I don't know why they weren't working yesterday evening but are working now.

Thanks for the help.

Contributor
Popeye13

I guess it was just one of them weird things. Glad they can watch now anyway. 

Have a goodun