Beginner
year0001

bt sport app on kindle fire hd

Will the sport app or online player be available on the kindle fire hd.

Expert
Paul1360

Re: bt sport app on kindle fire hd

BT have said no for the present but may look again, not many providers support kindle due to it not being an android OS but a hybrid android OS done by Amazon, I think only bbc iplayer supports it at present.
sky twitter account a customer ask why sky go streams are worst then sd and yet bt and eurosports apps stream in hd. Reply from mod, oh thats easy the files for hd are some huge that sky go can't play them and no app can stream hd due to this and so when they say they are they're really sd streams, if there was any way around this we would have done it now.
Aspiring Contributor
mike007

looking for sport app for kindle fire also for my Samsung smart tv.come on BT pull your finger out there is a lot of use out there

Sage
imjolly

mike007 wrote:

looking for sport app for kindle fire also for my Samsung smart tv.come on BT pull your finger out there is a lot of use out there

this is only a tiny part of the market and will be a long time before there are apps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
mike007

New apps are produced every day surely it will not be that long.

Sage
imjolly

there are far more windows and blackberry smartphone users who have no app and they are a bigger number than kindle fire so could be a while

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Guru
guilbo

[ Edited ]

year0001 wrote:

Will the sport app or online player be available on the kindle fire hd.

Google is your friend. I managed to dig out a copy of the app which works fine on my Kindle Fire in about 5 minutes. Of course there is the possibility it has been hacked to send private data to the Russian Mafia or the CIA, but given that I don't use my Kindle for anything they could possibly be interested in they'd be wasting their time. Search for "bt sport kindle apk" and away you go. Naturally use versions from 3rd party sites at your own risk.

Of course it would be really nice if BT could either get the App onto the Amazon store or just provide a link to the apk file which would negate the need for possibly dodgy versions.

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

[ Edited ]

Ah yes, here is the solution http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sports-on-Smart-TV-Kindle-Fire-and-PC/m-p/949016/highlight/tr...

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Guru
guilbo

I can't speak for the HD as I have a Kindle Fire, but I have successfully sideloaded it onto my KF and it works fine. Surprisingly watchable too. No problem watching tennis compared with trying to watch Wimbledon using the TVcatchup app(a misnomer as it only does live TV) on which I couldn't see the ball when it was travelling at speed.

Aspiring Contributor
mike007

still looking apk file with no luck .have you got the link please thanks.you are right bt should provide the apk file for us kindle users