Contributor
pgladden
Accepted Solution

£100 deposit required!

I was late paying my BT bill this month, but have brought it all up to date.

Upon ordering BT Visiion (the £4 per month option) I was told that I had to pay £100 deposit which would be refunded after 12 months!

The contract for BTV is only 12 months which means for the year I would be paying £48. Why do they want more than twice this amount as a deposit!!

Wasnt even my fault. BT cancelled the direct debit without warning, so of course the bill will be late!

Expert
ComputerGeek

Re: £100 deposit required!

I would hold back on getting the BT Vision box at the moment as im sure that the next version of BT Vision will be out soon with YouView (maybe in 6 months but hey!)

Or if you dont want to be stuck in a contract, you can always purchase a PVR with freeview and iPlayer for next to nothing!!

CG Over An Out
Expert
Guyincognito76

The box is free, and £4 is quite a good deal so no need to hold off -we're still almost 12 months away from YouView, anyway.

As for this £100 deposit: Seems a bit odd to me, try ringing back and talking to somebody different.
Expert
Guyincognito76

Yeah, this deposit thing isn't right.

Just had a quick look at the small print and you are liable for the cost of the box (£199) if you cancel early, so no need for a deposit.
Contributor
pgladden

I am on the phone to BT right now. They aren't budging. Just being rude. My bank told me that no direct debit was set up, even though my bills said "This is amount will be taken from your bank account", and looking at my online statement i can see that no attempt has been made by BT to take the money by direct debit.

This is incredibly frustrating!!

I have used this forum recently to gain some help from a moderater with very pleasing results. I would be extremely gratefull for some further assistance.

Paul

Contributor
pgladden

Credit Control say that a "work order" needs to be raised by billing (assuming they listen to my story of course) and then has to be sent back to credit control with the order number AND the work order number. This is getting quite silly now.

Contributor
pgladden

Billing now saying that I DONT need to pay a deposit, but that they do not know what to do to fix it.

Been on the phone for 1hr and 20 mins now. unbelievable.

Contributor
pgladden

Well, it "looks" like its all sorted. Has taken 90 mins and I have a VOL order number but it still says "pending". We will see if it turns up.

Aspiring Expert
robinbredin

Guyincognito76 wrote:
The box is free, and £4 is quite a good deal so no need to hold off -we're still almost 12 months away from YouView, anyway.

As for this £100 deposit: Seems a bit odd to me, try ringing back and talking to somebody different.

The BBC said YouView was coming out in the first half of 2011, and it's late.

"It also means the project will not meet its proposed 2010 launch date; YouView says the new service will launch in the first half of 2011".

Expert
Guyincognito76

YouView is now set for Spring 2012.