Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky
Accepted Solution

Any recent news re YouView Launch Date

Just had a nose on the YouView website and can't find any information more recent then Feb '11 regarding launch of box/service. That information gave ''early 2012'' as ...... mind you in 2009 it was 2010 and in 2010 it was changed to 2011 and in 2011 it was changed to 2012.

Anyone know the latest about ''how the way we will watch TV in the future is going'' ....... future being the key word I reckon.

Happy New Year ................ :smileyhappy:

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
Guyincognito76

Re: Any recent news re YouView Launch Date

I've set YouView as an alert on Google. Nothing of any note has come through.
Expert
masona2

There have been no further news releases other than this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/nov/15/talktalk-youview-trial

TalkTalk is to launch an in-house trial of YouView in early 2012.

So it should be at the testing stage in the next couple of months.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

Thanks you two .......... that confirms my worst  fears ............. the early 2012 trial was included in the Feb '11 info posted on the YouView site ......... so it will probably be formerly postponed again soon ........... that Google Alert should catch it !!!

:smileysad:

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
Rachael42

This was a post on the youview blog recently

youview

apart from the appointment it states that it is still on track for early 2012

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Expert
Guyincognito76

Which is absurd as early 2012 is Jan-Apr.
Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

RE YuoView Blog

I think that if they are ready to launch in _early 2012_ then somewhere a manufacturer is busy packing YouView Set Top Boxes into cardboard boxes ........... hmmmmm ............ unlikely I think !! 

Expert
masona2

Err, No.

I'm surprised it isn't on the YouView website... but the launch is now set for mid 2012 and that has been the timetable for nearly a year now. It's expected to be launched around June. BUT, (and theres always a but) this may not be the full all Freeview users launch. Just users like us. As per the link I posted.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Guru
guilbo

I've just found the official update. It states:

"YouView. Coming for you to view any year now. Honest!"

Wonder if it will get here before the world ends.

Guru
guilbo

masona2 wrote:

Err, No.

I'm surprised it isn't on the YouView website... but the launch is now set for mid 2012 and that has been the timetable for nearly a year now. It's expected to be launched around June. BUT, (and theres always a but) this may not be the full all Freeview users launch. Just users like us. As per the link I posted.

It would make sense to launch to the captive audience first and build a base before sending the boxes to the high street. Technology prices start high and work down so it means that you're getting subsidised boxes into peoples homes to generate word of mouth before getting them out on the high street with a less prohibitive price tag.