Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

BBC iPlayer not playing since we got Infinity

Hello. We were loving the BBC iPlayer when we were on the ADSL+ 'upto 20 meg' (we got 3.5 Mb downloads on that).

Now that we are on the fibre optic stuff and getting 37-40Mb down and 8 - 10Mb up with the new HH3 we cannot get anything to play on iPlayer.

We can browse the iplayer no problems but when we try to watch the loading animation just whirrs round then we get an error (1510 I think)

Is this a known issue then?

Re: BBC iPlayer not playing since we got Infinity

Hi Armakuni,

Welcome to the forum. That does seem strange, there shouldn't be any issue running the iPlayer on BT Infinity. If you send me in your details I will look into this.

Please send in your details using the "Contact Us" form found in the "about me" section of my profile.

Cheers

Paddy,

PaddyB | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks fella. It's actually working fine again now. Better than ever even. Must have been that update to move the button that broke/fixed it perhaps.

I have had a similar problem. It keeps dropping out say, 4 or 5 times during an hour long programme.

Having spoken to the help desk I found out it is a known problem. No solution as yet.

The agent reset my line, but it has not helped.
Beginner

when I click on go to solution, I cannot find one. Please help?

Beginner

Please make it clear what is the solution?

Expert

Twinaided wrote:

Please make it clear what is the solution?

The OP clicked on the Mods post as 'Mark as accepted solution'. But it is not a solution. 

For a 'How to use the forum', new users need to click on 'Forum Help', in the right hand corner of this page, just under the search box. It explains all about marking solutions, clicking on stars for helpful answers, how to send PM's ect, ect.

Hope that helps.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.

Dear BT Moderator,

I'm having similar problems with the iPlayer  - it works (albeit slowly and with some reluctance) on the YouView box, but visiting it from any computer produces no useful result at all. I can select programmes to view, but when I try and actually watch them the screen remains obstinately blank. Other  players   - 4 oD for example - work slightly better, but even then I get 'buffering' circles, despite more than adequate speeds on my "Infinity" broadband conection (and yes, I tested it!).

It's reassuring to find that Im not alone in this; I was beginnning to suspect malware of some sort and have spent some time using various tools to scan for and eliminate such nasties. Nothing was found.

I tried installing the download manager in the hope that storing content on my hard-drive might prove workable where streaming was not, but Windows 8.1 viewed it as incompatible and wouldn't run it.

Is this a collection of  BBC-generated glitches, or is the YouView box keen to establish a monopoly over available bandwidth??

Hope to hear from you - with a workable solution if possible - soon.

Yours sincerely

Rob Milne