Guru
AllanQuatermain
Accepted Solution

BBC "Spooks" On demand TV

I dont know who made the decision to make the boxed set of Spooks available on demand; but we are really enjoying watching this. I only caught this programme in the penultimate series on TV, so having the lot to watch is brilliant. Thankyou.

Such good writing, plots etc.

A real treat to watch.

The actor that plays Harry I remember as a boy playing in a TV drama, he was some alien that came to earth and when asked his name in a pub looked around and saw a bottle of Gilbey's gin in an optic. So his name was Gilbey then.

Dont know why or how I've remembered that, but it must have been 40 years ago, in the good old days of

pink gins.

I'm not [angostura] bitter about it though :smileyvery-happy:

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Expert
drhowells

Re: BBC "Spooks" On demand TV

The actor that plays Harry I remember as a boy playing in a TV drama, he was some alien that came to earth and when asked his name in a pub looked around and saw a bottle of Gilbey's gin in an optic. So his name was Gilbey then.

Dont know why or how I've remembered that, but it must have been 40 years ago, in the good old days of

pink gins.

It was Play for Today - The Flipside of Dominick Hide :smileyhappy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082390/plotsummary

Guru
AllanQuatermain

[ Edited ]

Thanks - thats amazing. Did you remember that too, or just imdb it?

I'd have thought it was in the 70's rather than the 80's though, I wonder if there was an earlier version?

Nostalgia creeping in here, "The Owl Service" and "Penda's Fen".

Ring any bells? [not the whisky] :smileywink:

Edit:-

Oh aye, and "The Flight of the Heron"

AQ.

Expert
drhowells

Googled, wikipaedia'd and then IMDB'd it :smileyhappy: Before my time i'm afraid :smileyhappy:
Guru
AllanQuatermain

Well good on yer anyway. :smileywink:

As it is in my time, it would have taken me far longer to think about doing all that anyway.

AQ.

Expert
masona2

AQ,

If you fancy some time travelling youself or revisiting/watching this again, I've discovered it's available to view on youtube.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Expert
drhowells

AllanQuatermain wrote:

Well good on yer anyway. :smileywink:

As it is in my time, it would have taken me far longer to think about doing all that anyway.

I only found it because of the information your supplied :smileyhappy: I pride myself on being able to find anything I need to online. I spent 20 years trying to find a song I heard (actually saw) when I was little. The problem was I didn't know what it was called or who it was by and I had never heard it again since.....I finally found it this year and I was so chuffed :smileyhappy:  The internet is a great way to relive memories :smileyhappy:

Aspiring Expert
teeddy36

Too true. Looked for years to find a children's program I used to love. I now own " star fleet" on DVD.
On spooks was great to watch the first series I missed.
Guru
AllanQuatermain

[ Edited ]

Absoluteley.

I've found Fireball XL5; Supercar; Four Feather Falls; Space Patrol; Lost in Space on the sc-ifi front.

:smileyembarrassed: Also found the film "Greengage Summer" when I fell in love with Susannah York as a boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENHrTtVeSM

And: "Outward Bound" with Kieron Moore before I went on the one-monther to Aberdovey, N. Wales.

Where's my Kindle?

Edit:-

"Outward Bound" was re-named "The Blue Peter" - how could I forget?

AQ.

Aspiring Expert
teeddy36

Outward bound ? Is that a book?
I spend a outward bound summer at aberdovery. Climbed a mountain and built a raft :-)