Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Expert

Re: BT Have cancelled my Contract FOR NO REASON!

sorry guy just a bit worked up
Aspiring Expert

minusdot its when the guy at bt is shouting down the phone at you before you speak and interrupting your calm responses with more shouting it gets annoying and hard to be calm
Recognised Expert

john_crocker wrote:
minusdot its when the guy at bt is shouting down the phone at you before you speak and interrupting your calm responses with more shouting it gets annoying and hard to be calm

Wow. That's shocking. I hope you get better treatment tomorrow.

Aspiring Expert

well its tuesday and still not working rebooted box now too see if that makes difference its hung on "setting up recordings menu" now
Aspiring Expert

nope still hosed today was supposed to be the original in live date lol
Aspiring Expert

Well just placed a 3rd order (in as many days) after the order placed yesterday cancelled the entire service (again!) even tho the order confirmation i had had a BT Vision order on it.

The Support rep on the phone said the order nearly cancelled my Broadband as well(!)

They were about to charge £30 "activation" fee which was waived since they admitted it was their mistake and have put a credit on my account to reflect their mistake.

So will have to wait a minimum of another 24 hrs, another day without service, So we will wait and see what happens.. Fingers crossed!

I did say it was always much eaiser to change your package with Sky... being able to do it eaisly online with mininmum of fuss She said "you should be able to do this"  I do wonder why Sky can do something so simple so much better and BT seem to find it challenging to implement a simple change, prehaps a mod could explain why?

JC

Guru

If you get nowhere email the Mods with your phone no and account number and a link to this thread

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Aspiring Expert

Just had a phone call from the lovely Stephanie.. Reassuring me that all is well.. all I can say is if only the rest of BT can be as helpful and courteous as Stephanie and the mod's on here then BT's customer service would be 100% bettter.

A big thumbs up for Stephanie and the mod's.. thanku for your help!

:smileyhappy:

JC

Guru

[ Edited ]

john_crocker wrote:

Subsequently, NONE of todays recorded have happened, wife is very p*ssed off as she has missed Glee because of this and other programs and is after my throat for even attempting to get something for a bit less money from BT..

Glee is repeated the following Saturday and Sunday on C4.

I once saw a fascinating Open University programme which examined the inflections used by different cultures. Because Indians go down at the end of a question rather than up over here it is often misconstrued as aggression. Not saying that is what happened here but you have to be a bit careful when talking to other cultures and give them a bit more leeway than the bloke down the road. Personally I've always found the Indian call centre to be creepily over curteous, but again put that down to cultural differences rather than sarcasm.

Guru

I have seldom had problems with Indian call centers in terms of politeness and have certainly never had aggression but equally I have always been polite and above all calm
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits