bestmi52
Accepted Solution

BT Vision (Free View HD Channels)

:smileyvery-happy:Are BT Going To Enable Equipment (BT VISION BOX) To Receive The New Freeview HD Channels

Assuming The Vision Box Can Be Upgraded Or Something ......

As The Box Has An HDMI Output "The Connection I Am Using"

Does This Mean Maybe The Box Just Needs Software Upgrade At Some Point/ Or Will BT Provide HD Vision Boxes In The Future....:smileyhappy:

Guru
guilbo

Re: BT Vision (Free View HD Channels)

The current box doesn't have the hardware to receive HD.

Expert
PheeragHfre

bestmi52 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:Are BT Going To Enable Equipment (BT VISION BOX) To Receive The New Freeview HD Channels

Assuming The Vision Box Can Be Upgraded Or Something ......

As The Box Has An HDMI Output "The Connection I Am Using"

Does This Mean Maybe The Box Just Needs Software Upgrade At Some Point/ Or Will BT Provide HD Vision Boxes In The Future....:smileyhappy:

Freeview HD is transmitted in DVB-T2 format & needs an updated hardware decoder a firmware update will not help. :smileysad:

Therefore The BT Vision Box needs updating before Freeview HD can be viewed at the full transmitted quality, without upscaling.

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
bestmi52

That is what I thought , but when you contact bt they just keep telling people it will HD or No HD that is the real question:smileyvery-happy:

Guru
guilbo

It is capable of downloading and displaying HD Video on Demand, but can't receive over the air transmissions.

bestmi52

maybe i will just stick to my HD freesat then!!
curl

May be I just turn out of it..

Beginner
nickf99

Well I have given up with BT too - love the films but I just bought a freewiew HD settop box.

Expert
Guyincognito76

I've ashes before, but, would it be theoretically to develop a DVB-T2 adaptor that could plug into the back of the current box?
Guru
guilbo

Guyincognito76 wrote:
I've ashes before, but, would it be theoretically to develop a DVB-T2 adaptor that could plug into the back of the current box?

Yes if you develop a new box which can be aware of the adaptor. Lovely idea, but don't think it's a goer.