GinaF

BT Vision Offline

For several days there has been a message come up on my BT vision that says it is offline and I have done every check advised on the BT website but to no avail.  I had a problem with my phone line 2 weeks ago which was eventually fixed yesterday but now I have this problem and another with BT Sport which I will post seperately.  I have tried calling BT but the waiting time is half an hour and the ringback function did not work.  I have resorted to logging a complaint to which I have not yet received a response. I signed up to BT Vision a year ago and whilst there were a few teething problems they were resolved and up until now have enjoyed BT vision service. Am not happy.

Expert
StewM

Re: BT Vision Offline

Is there something wrong with your broadband? Can you use your computer?
GinaF

Yep am using my computer and broadband is fine, have checked the hub and blue light is present. ALso checked the Etheret cables.

Expert
StewM

"Offline" indicates your Box is not receiving a broadband signal. Does the video on demand work?
GinaF

No I can't access any on demand.  I've tried disconnecting the power from the box as per the trouble shooting guide given on line but no luck.  Is there anything else I can do?

Contributor
TheWorldIsYours

Are you on infinity? How is your BT vision connected to the router?
GinaF

Yes am on infinity.  I have etheret cable that are plugged into the mains on both the hub and vision box. I have gone through all the help suggestions given on-line and on my bt tv but nothing has seemed to work and am getting very frustrated