Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

BT Vision + box problems

I have a BT Vision+ box and infinity broadband and I have been having problems with my Vision+ box freezing or resetting, in some cases i have set the box to record a program only to find a ''!'' symbol in red is displayed with '' failed to record'' prompt. This is becoming very frustrating, i am having to switch of the box by pressing the on/off button on the front of the Vision+ box. 

Can anyone help out there?

Regards

N.Dowdeswell

Guru

Re: BT Vision + box problems

I agree it is terribly frustrating. Unfortunately you I assume are on the new software and these are know bugs have shown up. Until there is another firmware upgrade then we are stuck with it. :smileysad:

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Aspiring Expert

AND: Still have to pay for it unfortunately.

Expert

[ Edited ]

micaye wrote:

AND: Still have to pay for it unfortunately.

If it doesn't work, Oh No you don't.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Aspiring Expert

Is it really, really "simple" to get a refund from BT, Look throughout all the forums here and tell me most are "satsified" or "not"

Expert

micaye wrote:

Is it really, really "simple" to get a refund from BT, Look throughout all the forums here and tell me most are "satsified" or "not"

Yes, it really, really, is.

And this is a problem and help forum. So what did you expect? Roses?

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Beginner

• Like you I have been having the same problems with the new black BT vision box since August. I have lost count of the number of times I've spoken with India about the problem always being told that it is a software problem which they are sorting out.
  • Yesterday I finally got to speak to a tech guy who said the same thing, they have been having software problems, starting with 10 which they have now narrowed down to 3
  • Once again they updated my box but still it freezes and is actually worse now because every time I try to get BBC i Player it restarts itself, one of about half a dozen time a day. 
  • BT ARE A DISGRACE, THEY SHOULD HAVE SORTED THESE PROBLEMS OUT BEFORE MAKING US GET RID OF THE SILVER BOX, WHICH NEVER GAVE US ANY PROBLEMS IN FAVOUR OF THIS USELESS BLACK BOX.
  • I will continue to ring them every other day just to get under their skin until this problem is sorted.
Guru

[ Edited ]

carol-beth wrote:
  • I will continue to ring them every other day just to get under their skin until this problem is sorted.

Except you're not getting under their skin, you're getting under the skin of anyone who's behind you in the queue. You know you're not going to get a fix when you ring and you're not going to speed anything up by doing so, so why put yourself and anyone who actually needs help from the helpline through it?