Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

BT Vision box "rebooting"

Late evening (around midnight) my bt box has set about doing what looks like a "soft" re-boot while I was watching a box set over the last 3 nights.  Just before this happens I get a message across the bottom of the screen telling me the bb signal is lost then restored.  Shortly afterwards the reboot/upgrade thing starts.

Is there some sort of upgrade rolling out currently ?

The box works normally after the 3-4 mins it takes to load itself up again

Anybody having this/know what it is ?

D*ck

Re: BT Vision box "rebooting"

Hi dcdick,

Sorry for the problems you're having.  Is this still an issue?  If so, let me know and I'll give you steps to get in touch with us from here.

All the best,

Robbie

RobbieMac | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

We had one of the silver BT Vision boxes, which was replaced by a newer black one. The newer one repeatedly reboots. I called the helpline and the software was remotely re-installed. This had the advantage of reducing the number of rebooting episodes but we lost all our stored programmes and record settings. Rebooting was a rarity with the silver box, it is still happening about 3 times a week even after the software re-install. Suggestions welcome.

Guru

Change to the YouView box, that's what I did

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits | Kafka's World
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Stuart

Not sure what advantages Youview box brings over the BT + box..............thought there were issues with BT Sport with Youview ?

I'm now considering upgrade to infinity (got go-ahead email the other day) Smiley Happy

Is Youview the best box to have for infinity ?

My current box is software version 8.3 dated september 

Current tv setup is working through mains ethernet boxes (standard BT suplied) with almost no instances of pixellation/drop out, wireless download speed in room with tv is consistent 9mb

Cheers

D*ck

Contributor

Robbie wrote

Sorry for the problems you're having.  Is this still an issue?  If so, let me know and I'll give you steps to get in touch with us from here.

All the best,

Robbie

BTCare Community Mod

Not a big issue at moment as no recordings/settings are affected, been clear for 3 days now...........if It persists I'll ask for some assistance

Cheers

D*ck

[ Edited ]

Can you explain how I get a Youview box - and also explain how or why this would reduce the number of system crashes and whether or not the above mentioned problems with BT Sport are substantiated?

Thanks