Jac
Jac

BT Vision in more than one room

Hi,

I've just got BTVision set up and I know I can tune my TV in the bedroom into it through an arial (have been doing it with Sky for years). However, it refuses to tune in.

I know that somewhere in the settings I have to make sure that my BT box and my bedroom TV are on the same wavelength/bandwidth/or some sort of setting thingy (OK, so I'm no technobabe...lol), but I don't know where to find it.

Don't suppose anyone knows what number it is, or where I would find it so I can marry the box and my TV up?

Jac

Guru
guilbo

Re: BT Vision in more than one room

[ Edited ]

If by "through the aerial" you mean over the RF connection out of the box, the black VBox doesn't output to the RF short of passing the signal through, so you can't use the aerial output to see what's on the Vbox. The silver one does, you set the channel as follows:

BT Vision -> Settings -> General Settings -> RF output channel

If you have a black box you will have to resort to either a video sender or an RF modulator which connects to SCART.

vickycooper29

I'm thinking about getting a new bed with one of those TV's built in.  How can I get to watch BT Vision upstairs without drilling holes?  I just want to be able to watch the tv, stuff i've recorded and on demand.  I don't want to be able to watch one thing downstairs and another upstairs at the same time.  I have the black vision box and I know nothing about technology, so laymans terms would be appreciated if anyone can help, thanks!

Guru
guilbo

If you don't want to drill holes you need to buy a video sender/receiver which uses radio to send from one to the other. I don't know if one of those beds would have room for the receiver box, however. Not sure if it's possible with one of those.

Beginner
pedrosa

When i rang bt to ask about bt vision i was told that i could set up another tv to watch bt vision on. I now know that i was given the wrong info. I would never have bothered with bt vision if i`d known this

Expert
Rachael42

pedrosa wrote:

When i rang bt to ask about bt vision i was told that i could set up another tv to watch bt vision on. I now know that i was given the wrong info. I would never have bothered with bt vision if i`d known this

technically you can you just need some extra equipment especially on a black box.

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Beginner
pedrosa

What equipment?

Expert
Rachael42

The simplest way would be with a rf modulator  (do a search for rf modulator with scart input)

simply plug this into your vision box and then run coax to your second tv. make sure you get a modulator with a pass trough scart socket if you wish to connect the first tv via scart as well.

no trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Beginner
pedrosa

Can i not just run an HDMI cable from the box to the extra tv if i`m using the scart connection for my main tv?

Guru
guilbo

pedrosa wrote:

Can i not just run an HDMI cable from the box to the extra tv if i`m using the scart connection for my main tv?

'course you can. The proviso is that the HD aspect ratio you may want to use on the spare TV will cause a distorted picture on the one connected by SCART. 16:9 is one size fits all for both but will lead to compromised picture quality on the one connected by HDMI.