Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BT Vision not working

i've had BT Vision for less than 7 weeks had BT engineers out 3 times and waiting another week for them to come out again. I have no sound and no picture, I have lost all channels on the TV, I get error messages V04 anc C01. Telling BT Vision that I am now considering going back to sky as I had none of these problems must have infuriated them as they are now telling me I will incur charges and cancellation fees. Anybody out there facing similar problems?

Guru

Re: BT Vision not working

Not really Gary we work with them till they get it sorted and then it is really worthwhile.

I am very surprised at the number of Sky Subscribers who are suddenly taking up BT Vision and then leaving again. They all seem to find their way to this forum very quickly.

Contracts are contracts and you have them with Sky as well as BT.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits | Kafka's World
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.

Yeah I also have no picture. The box doesn't seem to be doing anything. This all started within 2 days of having it. I think it must be some sort of virus, it has affected all of the lights in my house even the washing machine has stopped and the freezer decided to defrost.

Aspiring Expert

Mine caused a reactor leak at sellafield

Aspiring Expert

About half an hour ago I lost ALL my interactive/on-demand features.

Data light on the home hub v1 was Not Illuminated Smiley Sad

After tinkering about 30-40 mins have finally got it back up and running again.

Will this drop out again?

Kind Regards
Andy
Recognised Expert

andylloyd wrote:

About half an hour ago I lost ALL my interactive/on-demand features.

Data light on the home hub v1 was Not Illuminated Smiley Sad

After tinkering about 30-40 mins have finally got it back up and running again.

Will this drop out again?

That's your broadband connection upon which all Vision services depend, if that goes then your vision services go with it. 

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Recognised Expert

GaryB wrote:

i've had BT Vision for less than 7 weeks had BT engineers out 3 times and waiting another week for them to come out again. I have no sound and no picture, I have lost all channels on the TV, I get error messages V04 anc C01. Telling BT Vision that I am now considering going back to sky as I had none of these problems must have infuriated them as they are now telling me I will incur charges and cancellation fees. Anybody out there facing similar problems?

Right, one problem at a time:

Loss of all channels on the TV - have you checked your aerial

V04 and C01 eror, how is your broadband performing.  Have you run a BT Speed Test and what were the results

I haven't had my vision for a month now keeps showing v04...2 engineers and endless phone calls but still no help!!!!!!!!! can't even terminate contract cause they haven't resolved problem..grrrrrrr

Community Manager

Hi GaryB,

Welcome to the BTCare Forum.

Can you run a speed test at www.speedtester.bt.com so we can see how your broadband is performing, as this sounds to me like your Vision problems could be due to slow speeds.

@ dirtydogg, the first thing I want to clarify is: are your other electrical appliances back up and running again, and if so is the Vision Box back on and working? Sounds like an electrical outage of some sort rather than a technical problem, hope it’s sorted now.

Hi andylloyd, as notoriousdbp BT Vision requires a working broadband service so it’s work keeping an eye on your connection over the next few days to ensure the drop-out you had was only a temporary thing. If not, let us know.

And frogmellow32, can you also run a speed test and then we’ll take it from there?

Thanks,

Stephanie

StephanieG | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Recognised Expert

Thanks for the ratings Stephanie, appreciate it.Smiley Happy