Contributor
AndyKyle
Accepted Solution

Bt Sport and Sky Sports ?

If I stay with BT and get the new Sport package how much will I have to pay BT to access Sky Sports too ?

Simple question but I am struggling to find an answer to this ?

Thank you in advance for replies :-)

Expert
StewM

Re: Bt Sport and Sky Sports ?

Beginner
Graham420

Yes, I had trouble finding this out. It is all smoke and mirrors. Basically it seems you need BT tv unlimited (£12.50 a month) + the Sky package (£20 a month for Sky sports 1 and 2). Foolishly I tried to order Sky sports whilst only having BT essential and it didn't actually tell me what the problem was but wouldn't let me order. Took some time before one of the helpful moderators on here finally explained all.

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

This page indicates that you don't need the full Monty. I've just put BTTV Essentials with my Sky Sports, but did it on the phone as online ordering seems prone to going up the creek.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Expert
umpire

Pottyperson is correct. You don't need an Unlimited package to add Sky Sports. I have the TV Essential Extra and also Sky Sports 1&2, and I'm also registered for the free BT Sport HD pack.

The limitation is that Sky Sports are only available to new subscribers if they are on an Infinity broadband connection. Just start on the page below, select the Infinity Get Started option and then on the build a bundle pages select TV Essential or TV Essential Extra and you will see that you can still select the Sky Sports channels. It will automatically select the correct box for you.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/packages

e.g. TV Essential + Sky Sports 1&2 = £25 per month.

The web site can be confusing at times.

Contributor
AndyKyle

Thank you everyone :-)
Expert
umpire

I'll just add that if you are looking to have BT TV for the live sports channels, then note that 'TV Essential Extra' is only £2 more and as well as the four main channels in HD and 16 extra entertainment channels, it also includes British Eurosport 1 and British Eurosport 2.

Also if you want to upgrade a current package then this page is useful. 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=34210