Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Catch up TV (Iplayer/ITV Player/4OD/etc) very slow and freezing with Infinity

We've upgraded to BT Infinity II recently, and just added BT Vision mainly for the Catch UP TV services. However these are unwatchable most of the time due to pausing every 3-10 seconds for about 2-5 seconds each time. We've got the Black Vision Box, running V2.31, a new HH3, and new phone line installation with no extensions.

I've run the speedtester and am getting around 60Mbps download speed, and iplayer runs perfectly on the laptop and via the Wii. I've tried two different HDMI cables, and using the Powerlines, and a direct ethernet connection.

Has anyone got any ideas... if we can't watch catch-up TV we don't really want Vision.

Beginner

Re: Catch up TV (Iplayer/ITV Player/4OD/etc) very slow and freezing with Infinity

[ Edited ]

To add some more detail... it is like that most of the time it seems, but after about 9.30 it's fine, I've just watched some BBC HD programmes without a hiccup. But fluctuating between unwatchable, and perfect isn't good enough!!

Contributor

Re: Catch up TV (Iplayer/ITV Player/4OD/etc) very slow and freezing with Infinity

sounds like a buffering issue it will sattle down eventully i got Vision for the same reason.

Beginner

Thanks Dan - any idea how long it takes to settle down, I don't want to go beyond the period I have to cancel if it is not going to sort itself out.

Contributor

mine frose this morning while watching BBC Iplayer but it sorted its self after about five secs into Eastenders

Beginner

Seems to have settle down now... after 5 days... will keep trying at different times of the day to be sure!

Beginner

After a few days of working well, the catch up TV services are proving problematic again. We are unable to get more than about 5 secs of uninterrupted catch-up with out freezing, pausing or juddering. Any suggestions... Please?!

Exactly the same problem: worked flawlessly for a few days, now unwatchable. Did you have any luck sorting it out? I have tried turning the box off & on again, and resetting the hub. No change.

All my other device connect to Iplayer fine & stream without hitch.

Expert

tomsktomsk wrote:

Exactly the same problem: worked flawlessly for a few days, now unwatchable. Did you have any luck sorting it out? I have tried turning the box off & on again, and resetting the hub. No change.

All my other device connect to Iplayer fine & stream without hitch.

Hi Tom,

Try unplugging your box for about sixty seconds then turn it back on again (which is known as a hard reboot). 

Rank - Mostly Harmless.