Aspiring Expert
jbancroft1

Current Deals for existing BT customers.

Hi

Are there any deals on offer at the moment for existing phone and broadband customers who take on BT vision, or is it just the £12.50 as shown on the website. I don't need any extras such as Sky Sport.

Thanks.

Contributor
Andy_W

Re: Current Deals for existing BT customers.

I don't know about right now but a few months ago I was wondering about upgrading calls to Anytime, Broadbandfrom 10 to 40 Gb, and Vision from On Demand to Gold. After reviewing the online offers and not seeing exactly what I wanted, I phoned them up.

They asked if they made me an offer would I be ready to sign up that day, to which I said yes. So they offered a package not advertised anywhere, for existing customers, which gave me everything I wanted for less than I was paying previously. I didn't get a new BTV box or Hub, but they extended the guarantee on my existing ones for the duration of the contract, which was 18 months. Recently they upgraded my broadband speed, and separately sent me a new black Vision box out of the blue.

Currently pretty happy with my package. So is my grandson with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Wouldn't mind a new Home Hub, though.

Aspiring Expert
jbancroft1

Thanks for the info.

If it's not too rude, can I ask what price you were quoted for the deal you accepted?

Contributor
Andy_W

I think it was £37 per month for 3 months, then £42 after that, pretty good value I thought.

Expert
ttyrie

What you are paying isnt that good value :smileysurprised:

We have:-

BT Total Broadband Option 3= £10 per month (18 month contract)

BT Vision Gold:- £12.50 per month (12 month contract)

BT Anytime Calls:- Free (12 month term)

Line Rental:- £13.90

_________

£36.40

_________

Bargain :smileyhappy:

Aspiring Expert
jbancroft1

Thanks for that.

I have BB option 1 + anytime calls for £10 per month on a 12 month contract + line rental paid in advance  for 12 months @ £120.

Contributor
Andy_W

I thought BT Anytime was £5 per month but you say it is free?

Expert
Guyincognito76

[ Edited ]

Yeah, best I could do was £13 a month for option 3 broadband and standard prices for Vision (£7.50 for first three months though) and Anytime; we did get Anytime free for 3 months when we upgraded that last year, are you sure you've not just got it free for three months?

This was with getting as close to you can to quitting short of asking for a mac code and a deal from SKY/Virgin.

Aspiring Expert
jbancroft1

This was the deal I was quoted when I metioned the price Talk-Talk were advertising, which I though was a good deal for me, as BB option 1 is more than adequate for my needs.

I'm wondering now if I should add on basic BT Vision which I understand is £4 per month extra....I only want it for catch-up on freeview programes....what do you think?

Aspiring Expert
AlunH

Something to remember is that the BB prices that are offered change depending on where you live.  There are 3 "markets" if I remember correctly, One where there is no competition from other providers, one where LLU has been opened up increasing competition and one where there are the likes of Cable services in the area.  I'm in an area where there is no competition so whilst I have a decent deal, it isn't as good as some of the others I've seen around here.  Just something to remember when comparing deals with others.

Cheers
Alun

"Can a leopard change it's shorts?" - T Prattchet