Expert
ComputerGeek

Re: Demand Five - GONE

NigelE wrote:

Hi all

From Wednesday 6th October, Demand 5 (Channel 5 Replay and On Demand content) and Milkshake will no longer be available on BT Vision. This will take 24hours to complete. BT Vision customers will still get Channel 5 programming via Freeview (provided they live in a Freeview reception area). We recommend that Home and Away and Neighbours fans set ‘Series Record’ so that they don’t miss an episode. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. BT Vision is still the UK’s biggest On Demand service, with over 5,500 hours of great content at the touch of a button. Catch up on the best programmes from the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 at a time that suits you.

Cheers

Hi Nigel,

If customers purchased BT Vision because they knew that Demand 5 was part of the deal, can they cancel their contract without penalty due to the changes?

I am going to be honest and say, we have not recieved any communication including my friends and family who also use BT Vision, they are shocked and want futher answers.

Hope you can clarify this further

CG

PS WOuld be great to get Sky By Demand on Vision ;-)

CG Over An Out
Aspiring Contributor
CLR79

[ Edited ]

Nigel,

Suggesting that people simply record items via Channel Five is totally missing the point of the service that we PAY for.

We PAY for a Replay service from all five major broadcasters and we PAY for a Kids on-demand package that included my kids favourite of all - Milkshake.

If we wanted just to record Channel Five (or any other FTA channel come to that) via a series link, I would not be subscribing to BT Vision - I would still be using my old Freeview PVR.

The extensive Replay and Kids package were the key selling points that attracted me to BT vision recently.

As we are now receiving less than was advertised do you think BT Visions users should be compensated in some form - in my case a free upgrade from my bronze package to silver would be a start.

Aspiring Contributor
deejayviper

I have to say after a call to customer service I'm now more angry. Apparently notice does not have to be given of any changes. They do it out of courtesy. Also we are not able to cancel our contracts. Don't expect a replacement.

I'm going to watchdog. Stuff you BT.
Aspiring Contributor
mark00

Dear all As a relative newbie to BT Vision (less than 1 month), I am very impressed with the amount of programmes to watch ON DEMAND and REPLAY, and was looking forward to watching some good series over the coming months. But a lot of the programmes I was looking forward to were on Five Demand. Which has now gone. If it was one of the minor, perhaps unheard of, on demand channels - then possibly I could have lived without it. But to lose one of the major channels' demand AND replay service is very poor. True there are plenty of other demand channels available, but my decision to subscribe to BT Vision was based on the COMPLETE package available, not expecting major chunks to disappear within weeks. As for the comment that it is possible to "record/series record" programmes you wish to watch, well I could do that previously with my Sky/TIVO set up - and it doesn't bring back the Demand Five programmes I haven't recorded? I seriously hope that BT are intending to continue renegotiations with Channel Five to obtain the necessary rights to resume this service. We are paying BT to provide the service, in return we expect BT to ensure the service is available. Regards Mark
Contributor
NOSQEY

i have to agree with deejayviper,i've had the same idea about contacting watchdog. when i first got bt i was very happy as far as i'm concerned you plug it in, set it up and thats the end of it, but my home hub goes waffy! sometimes my vision box won't come on and have to wait over half an hour then the content of bt vision while ok it's the  whole saga of missing episodes which defeats the whole point of btvision and film club regurgitate the films to often then customer support well that sucks completely,having to wait twentyfive minutes to talk to some about a fault is really insulting taking into consideration bt is a telecommunications company! and you mention being released from your contract i was quoted £500 in my experience bt's attitude towards me as a customer is screw you mister! i can get better service and value elsewhere i will not be renewing my contract with bt. i'm now going to put my handbag down lol:smileyvery-happy:

Guru
stuartrogerson

I am also rather annoyed i just agreed to a new 12 month bronze pack so  thyme Grandson could watch his favourite programmes minus adverts and on demand.

Noddy etc being his favourite and now it is gone and the whole point of my upgrading again has vanished.

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Contributor
MarkP

My contract is up in December and it wont be getting renewed.

I have the Gold package and now it feels more like a silver package. The Sports pack is deminished now they havent got the rights to the Prem highlights (Note to BT: Getting Sky Sports doesn't compensate the loss of Vision Sport content when you have to pay more to receive it). The Kids pack has deminished now they havent got Milkshake. The Replay pack has deminished now they havent got Demand FIVE. The TV packs newly added programming is getting smaller and smaller and a good portion of the "newly" added programming  has previously already been on BT Vision.

Despite massively lowering the content... bizzarely I'm still paying £20 a month.

Can we please get an official BT statement on the subject as "You can record it" doesnt cut the mustard as if I wanted to do that I'd use the PVR sat on top of my vision box and save myself £20 a month or I'd hire the Murdoch family to fit an ugly metal dinner plate to the side of my house.

Community Manager
KerryG

Hi All

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.  Our Vision Programming team recognise that it can be disappointing when content is removed from the Vision service and address this by ensuring that as many new programmes are added as frequently as possible. We hope that this gives our customers lots more choice of things to watch.

With regards to our core TV service, we have seen the number of hours included in this pack grow by over 500 hours during the last six months. We are continually working to add more programmes from more suppliers and have seen the recent ABC Disney service launch during September bringing many programme favourites such as Cougar Town and Brothers and Sisters to our customers. A benefit of the BT service is that we are continually refreshing the content on the service bringing up to 30 new programmes to the service every single week - more than ever before. We have some very exciting plans in place to even further add more great shows to the TV and we’ll tell you about these as soon as we can.

We are also working extra hard to bring you an even better pre-school service. We have recently launched a preschool channel called Toddler Telly which features some of the highest quality entertainment for kids 1-4.  In Toddler Telly you can find  Postman Pat, Angelina Ballerina, BOB the Builder, Babar, Fireman Sam and many others. We also constantly add new shows to our service so check back weekly to see what is on.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Contributor
NOSQEY

hi Kerry g. brothers and sisters is currently being shown on freeview and so have a lot of other content on btvision and some of the other content are programmes that have been canned due to poor ratings in the us.

Expert
ComputerGeek

KerryG wrote:

Hi All

Thanks for all the comments and feedback.  Our Vision Programming team recognise that it can be disappointing when content is removed from the Vision service and address this by ensuring that as many new programmes are added as frequently as possible. We hope that this gives our customers lots more choice of things to watch.

With regards to our core TV service, we have seen the number of hours included in this pack grow by over 500 hours during the last six months. We are continually working to add more programmes from more suppliers and have seen the recent ABC Disney service launch during September bringing many programme favourites such as Cougar Town and Brothers and Sisters to our customers. A benefit of the BT service is that we are continually refreshing the content on the service bringing up to 30 new programmes to the service every single week - more than ever before. We have some very exciting plans in place to even further add more great shows to the TV and we’ll tell you about these as soon as we can.

We are also working extra hard to bring you an even better pre-school service. We have recently launched a preschool channel called Toddler Telly which features some of the highest quality entertainment for kids 1-4.  In Toddler Telly you can find  Postman Pat, Angelina Ballerina, BOB the Builder, Babar, Fireman Sam and many others. We also constantly add new shows to our service so check back weekly to see what is on.

Thx

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I think you have explained more than enough why Demand Five has now gone.

Thinking about it, i dont hear anyone complain when certain channels dissapear from Sky, i think people are annoyed due to the lack of advertisement of the changes, shame we have lost Demand Five.

Cheers

CG

CG Over An Out