Aspiring Contributor
cazpaul
Accepted Solution

ESPN Turn off

Was just about to watch The football yesterday when my ESPN shut down, so phoned helpdesk where they informed me someone had cancelled my subscibition! Even though they record you calls no one could play it back its back on today so as any one any answers?

Contributor
MarkP

Re: ESPN Turn off

[ Edited ]

Very strange, however they are unlikely to do anything about it because you are in essence getting EPSN "free". You could make a formal complaint but I think it's unlikely to get you anything other than a "sorry, that shouldn't of happened"

Expert
Daniel

Don't the ESPN cards switch them selves off after so many weeks or months of not using it this is what could have happened here.

You can use this website to reactivate your card if it goes off again and its caused by inactivity http://btcustomercardaction.mgtplc.com/vcenable/firstpage_input.action

One question was your on demand services working when the card wasn't because if they where it would seem that this may have been the problem.

Aspiring Contributor
cazpaul

on demand was working and yes I see that can happen but i watch most games on there, it says if you dont watch more than half hour per month.

Expert
Daniel

Perhaps it missed the keep alive signal which would of course be an error.

BT have a dummy recording set up in the guide called viewing card activation I think its on Tuesday if I recall this is meant to keep the card active in case of non-use I would also assume errors in it missing the signal as well.

Set the box to record this on a series link just erase it from the box once the recording is done and hopefully if this does what it is meant to do your card would stay alive. The only other thing to do is perhaps ask the mods to look at your account to see if there is any other reason as to why it could have turned off i.e. Maybe there was a fault.

Aspiring Contributor
cazpaul

Cheers have set up, its Tuesday morning 4am have set up series link