Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Frozen BT vision box

I have a silver vision TV box that shows a steady green light but will not get me onto BT Vision.I have unplugged it and tried to do a reboot but although |I get a message saying that the box is experiencing difficulties and the black bar at the bottom fills up with a grey line I get no further than that, the green light stays steady and the picture goes back to BBC 1. I cannot get BT Vision at all, ;I was on the phone last night to the BT VIsion Help desk and followed all their instructions but still no joy. Broadband is working fine. I have a black BT home Hub.I should be grateful if anyone has any further ideas about what I could do. many thanks.

Distinguished Guru

Re: Frozen BT vision box

This sort of problem usually indicates that the box can't see BT's servers.

I expect that he help line have taken you through all the tests, but just in case, try rebooting the hub even if it seems to be working OK, and double check the connections - including the status lights on the powerline adaptors if you have them.

It's possible that the box is faulty and the ethernet connection has failed, in which case it will never work.

Contributor

Thanks for that info; I've followed your instructions but still no joy; my desktop computer is getting broadband OK so I think that you're right and the Vision box itself has died ! I've been in touch with BT and they're sending an engineer out next week; hopefully, there will be no charge. Thanks again for your help.

Aspiring Expert

Hello

Sorry to hear about your problem, 

If it's a problem with BT, their equipment or service you are not liable for ANY charge (it's sometimes down to the discretion of the engineer so a cuppa and a biscuit go a long way!).

Point to note though , if you get a "reconditioned" silver box replacement please thoroughly test it as I speak from experience when I say mine was faulty from the outset.

If your still having problems, I've got a spare silver box you can have.

Chris