Beginner
dannyivatt

How to get bt vision upstairs in my bedroom when bt box is downstairs

I want to be able to watch bt vision upstairs in my bedroom with the box being downstairs. Do I need a splitter or another box or some other connection

Expert
minusdot

Re: How to get bt vision upstairs in my bedroom when bt box is downstairs

There are lots of options, sadly they're all a bit of a pain!

If you have a sliver vbox then you can simply use a coax cable from the RF/out up to the TV in your bedroom.

Otherwise you can get an RF modulator to convert the SCART output and again use a coax cable.

For better quality you could try an HDMI splitter, or even just use SCART downstairs and a long HDMI cable to your bedroom.

Or you could get a Video Sender, which doesn't involve wires everywhere but can cause/be effected by interfernce.

None of the above options give you remote control of the vbox, so either you dash up and down stairs or you invest in an IR remote sender (best ask on here if you intend to do this as some work and some don't apparently).

I used to use a Slingbox, it was very easy and convenient and gave full remote control and access from anywhere you have internet access. But I didn't have the HD model and since getting a better TV I've given up with the slingbox as it doesn't co-exist with the vbox when it's outputting the HD resolutions.

Aspiring Expert
maxrpg

You can get wireless Audio/Video senders with Remote control relay built in so you can control the same device from a different room.  Argos has one for £32 called "AEI Wireless Video/TV Sender".

I havent tried it myself but I dont see why it shouldnt work.

Aspiring Contributor
orangeman

The AEI Wireless Video/TV Sender does work, I have 3 TV's in my house fed with BT Vision. The remote can be used on all of them. Excellent product. Extra receivers cost around £35 pound.

These do mess with your Hubs wireless connection though. Make sure your video sender is switched off before you use your wireless gadgets.

Expert
minusdot

orangeman wrote:

The AEI Wireless Video/TV Sender does work, I have 3 TV's in my house fed with BT Vision. The remote can be used on all of them. Excellent product. Extra receivers cost around £35 pound.

These do mess with your Hubs wireless connection though. Make sure your video sender is switched off before you use your wireless gadgets.

Does it work with On Demand stuff too by the way?

Aspiring Contributor
orangeman

Yes you get all the bt vision functions. The video sender comes with a remote magic eye.
Beginner
lasfur

Many thanks
Aspiring Contributor
baz376

Hi lasfur, you might want to take a look at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emprex-AWV-699B-5-8ghz-Wireless-Sender, Ihave one of these and can confirm it works perfectly, and the remote has got full functionality, to get the best out of this, if you you have the vision box connected with hdmi and the aspect ratio is set to 1080i on the down stairs tv, to get best picture quality on upstairs tv connect the scart connector to the rgb in, asumming it has one, and you will need to change the aspect ratio on vison box to 4.3 standard definition,or 16.9 standard definition depending on you sceen format on upstairs tv, remember to change settings back if viewing on downstairs tv if connected with hdmi, if both connected with scart then one setting will do for both tv,s  hope this is of help to you, 

Aspiring Contributor
baz376

Also you might like to know that the 5.8 ghz av senders are much better than the 2.4ghz senders, they are less prone to interference,from such as wifi, cordless phones, microwave ovens. they are more expesive but ya gets what you pay for....

Krikomg

With all receivers, can I be watching something in my leaving room, and my kids watch other tv program on their room, or they have to see what ever I m seeing ?