Beginner
bjcritchley
Accepted Solution

ITV Player limitations on BT Vision

Hello, please can anyone tell me if there is a limitation on what BT makes available through the ITV player?

There is a show available on the ITV player (on-line) that i would like to 'catch up' with, but i cannot find it through ITV player on the BT Vision box?

Thanks

PS - If required, show is called 'The Americans'

Expert
drhowells

Re: ITV Player limitations on BT Vision

bjcritchley wrote:

Hello, please can anyone tell me if there is a limitation on what BT makes available through the ITV player?

There is a show available on the ITV player (on-line) that i would like to 'catch up' with, but i cannot find it through ITV player on the BT Vision box?

Thanks

PS - If required, show is called 'The Americans'

Yes, there are limitations. This is not just a BT Vision thing though. The various player e.g. ITV, 4OD etc, have different content available on all of the different devices available. This is due to the different rights that they get to show the programs. Unfortunately, american tv programs, such as The Americans, are traditionally more expensive to get the rights to show on demand, so they are often not available.

Beginner
bjcritchley

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated.

Beginner
bjcritchley

PS - Although, i think i understand, I would like to clarify on this issue, "The Americans" IS available on the ITV Player - just not the ITV player provided by BT on the BT Vision box.

Guru
guilbo

BT hosts the programming which is supplied by ITV, C4 etc. and  then shows them without advertising. ITV may have the rights to show something themselves over the net, but not the right to give it to a third party. So anything which just acts a portal to ITV's own service will be able to access something like The Americans, but a service which maintains its own copy like BT Vision does not.