Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ITV net player - different to ITV player?

The ITV net player on BT vision is completely different to ITV player online - I want to watch Downton Abbey Christmas Special 2011, can find it online but not on ITV net player on BT vision. Can anyone help?!

Sarah

Guru

Re: ITV net player - different to ITV player?

Not sure what help to offer here. The products that appear on the catch up service on BT Vision are solely down to the company involved. I'm not sure what else I can say?

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits

Is the catch up service on demand the same as itvnetplayer also listed on the bt vision service then? I'm confused!

Guru

Yes it is the same

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Guru

[ Edited ]

I believe the catch up services on vision covers only the last week. Christmas will have gone.

I am afraid it is not the same at all, the ITV PLAYER offers many more shows than the netplayer, for example Midsomer Murders is available on the ITV PLAYER but not available as a catch up on the BT Vision ITV NETPLAYER, this was one of the main reasons we bought the BT Vision box, a bit disappointing.

Beginner

I saw Downton in the catch-up part of BT Vision - it was under ITV Hits - sometimes this is different to the main ITV catch-up service.

Contributor

I think the ITV Player on YouView is better and has more programmes and it appears to be the same price as BTVision. BUT you need a new box at £49

Tony

Guru

tonywilliams wrote:

I think the ITV Player on YouView is better and has more programmes and it appears to be the same price as BTVision. BUT you need a new box at £49

Tony

If you explore BT terms and conditions it actually says:

iPlayer and any other catch up TV is not part of the Box service if you have a Youview box provided by BT.

So what you get in terms of content from the ITV player on Youview would seem to be purely down to ITV.