Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Is there a multiroom service with bt tv?

Just signed up to get bt bb, phone and tv....and wondering if there's multiroom available? We are getting the standard tv subscription package (£5 pm), but rather than the basic humax box are getting the bt vision + box so that we can get bt sport. If not possible will keep my free sat humax box and satellite dish for the other room.....thanks
Distinguished Guru

Re: Is there a multiroom service with bt tv?

There is no multiroom service.  People have connected more than one box to the broadband, and it doesn't go "bang", but don't expect proper multi-room functionality.

Recognised Expert

Some people have a Vision box and Youview box working together okay
Guru

I have a fully functional vision box and youview all connected and have no issues with the 2.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Contributor

Dave, can I ask how this is setup. Sorry if very basic question. I have you view setup downstairs and want to use old bt vision box upstairs. How do I setup the upstairs one correctly?
Recognised Expert

It should be as simple as connecting up both boxes to the Hub. YV and Vision are two separate platforms hence why it works.

Contributor

So if I bought a youview box to use upstairs, I would be able to to view all what I subscribe to on both boxes?
Guru

There is also the question of whether you could view content over the broadband on both boxes at the same time.

I have two BT Vision+ boxes. Only one can be connected (registered) to the BT servers at any time. If I have the first one on and then power up the second one, the first one loses the connection to the BT servers. They are both running the multicast software and can both view live multicast channels, just not at the same time. So not true multi-room.

Also swapping between the two boxes does seem to cause the software upgrade system some confusion.