Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

Menus constantly scrolling - Vision unusable

Hi, following the upgrade last week, the menus are constantly scrolling and therefore nothing can be selected. There are no buttons stuck and it still happens if I take the batteries out of the remote. The remote is also now useless in that it wont tab along one option at a time, but is jumping all over the place.

Raised an incident with BT, who advised a factory reset. Just select the menus settings option from the menus the helpful advice in the email said. Quite how they thought I could do this with constantly scrolling menus, I dont know. Anyway, managed to complete a factory reset. this did not cure the problem.

Any ideas? Was it ciased by the software upgrade or is this a coincidence?

Aspiring Expert

Re: Menus constantly scrolling - Vision unusable

I've just had the same problem. Installed a new black box this morning. It's a replacement for a (working) silver box. Installation and setup was fine. Checked about 5 O'clock and it's the problem with the constantly scrolling menu's. I've tried a power re-set which cured it for about 3 minutes then it started doing it again. I've just re-connected the Silver box and that's working fine. Haven't got time to go into battle with BT customer services just now.

Beginner

Re: Menus constantly scrolling - Vision unusable

I tried unplugging the cable from the powerline adaptor and the problems went away, for 5 mins.......