Aspiring Expert
ikolpdog

Netflix + BTVision

Any one gone for Netflix? Do you think it complements BT or is it just more of the same?

£5.99 isn't much and you do get access to their entire Library but the Library looks pretty weak to me, at the moment.

Expert
Guyincognito76

Re: Netflix + BTVision

I have both, totally different catalogues except for BBC/ITV content.

It's old, like Vision, but I've found plenty to watch.
Expert
ttyrie

Which is why you can go elsewhere, pay more and get a **bleep** of a lot more to watch- along with HD.

Depends what you like watching and what you can afford :smileywink:

Expert
Guyincognito76

I have Vision, Netflix and Lovefilm unlimited for less than Sky *shrugs*.
Guru
stuartrogerson

I've got Netflix and it knocks the pants of LoveFilm as far as I am concerned.
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits
Aspiring Expert
cliffg

The Netflix website does not seem very good (at least not before you sign up for a trial) only shows a selection of films.

Aspiring Expert
nugget

CHEERS,thats what i thought then read your post so signed up and it's pretty impressive,Bt should be worried.

Expert
Guyincognito76

I haven't got a connected Lovefilm device, as it's not available on Apple TV, so it's confined to the bedroom computer.

Lovefilm has a very similar catalogue to BT, apart from the fact that it's content is permanently available on its servers, but it has been adding a lot more content in the past month. Netflix is far superior in TV content and picture and sound quality.

With Lovefilm Unlimited you will receive two DVDs a week (I have noticed a much slower turnaround so never receive anymore than this. I suppose if you watch them the morning you get them and post them back before last post then you might get more.) So £9.99 for eight DVDs a month is still great value, even without streaming.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a full Netflix listing here http://www.thenowhereman.com/netflix/

Not sure how accurate it is.

The only thing I can see wrong with the service is that unlike BT Vision, there is no pay on demand service, you are tied to a subscription, whether you watch anything or not.

There is also no guaranteed quality of service, you are at the mercy of whatever bandwidth is available.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
stuartrogerson

Guyincognito76 wrote:
I haven't got a connected Lovefilm device, as it's not available on Apple TV, so it's confined to the bedroom computer.

Lovefilm has a very similar catalogue to BT, apart from the fact that it's content is permanently available on its servers, but it has been adding a lot more content in the past month. Netflix is far superior in TV content and picture and sound quality.

With Lovefilm Unlimited you will receive two DVDs a week (I have noticed a much slower turnaround so never receive anymore than this. I suppose if you watch them the morning you get them and post them back before last post then you might get more.) So £9.99 for eight DVDs a month is still great value, even without streaming.

The LoveFil streaming service on the XBox is much more limited than it is on the computer so much so I complained to them about it and got the usual rights problem replies etc and we are aware of this.

I bought a six month sun for £16.99 during Amazon's lightning deals I won't  be keeping it on but Netflix is slick and excellent for example I am watching 24 which I have never seen and when one episode ends I am given the option straight away to press the button for the next one. If I switch it off and comeback to it and choose 24 again it immediately starts with that episode without intervention from me.

And the big big big plus they have subtitles on the On Demand content!

Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits