Loulabelle72

New update....HELP!!

[ Edited ]

Since the new software update, I can't view on demand or catch up. Everytime I try to access a programme I get an error message DRM1 and then VCN800. I tried to check what these error codes mean, but they are not listed! Hoping someone can give me some advice, as to be honest, the on demand and catch up services are the only reason I keep paying BT instead of going with a freeview box!!

Expert
skappy70

Re: New update....HELP!!

Check your Entitlement Information in Settings it'll tell you what subscription you have, then Try powering off the box. You may need to contact the helpdesk 0800 111 4567
Aspiring Contributor
Aardvaark

I now get exactly the same after the software upgrade. I've already had a battle to get tech support to realise that they had my account settings wrong, and now they are claiming the Powerline adapters are faulty, and are sending replacements. I have to say I'm skeptical about that as they were fine before the upgrade, but I'll play the game with them as you need so much energy for any calls with them.

If anyone has any hints on how to sort the error it would be really appreciated
Loulabelle72

I contacted the help desk and they told me to reset factory settings, and its worked. Fingers crossed this continues to be the case!! Hope the issues you are having get sorted out soon.

Aspiring Contributor
Aardvaark

Tried that - and it works for me as we'll. Thanks so much.

I guess it means that at least one person on the help desk knows what they are doing..... I just wish I could find them :smileyhappy:
LovelyAnna

I've just had Vision installed and upgraded to Infinity at the same time.  It's been installed for a week now and I have not been able to get any catch-up or on demand services other than BBCiplayer - I'm getting the same DRM1 followed by VRN800.  I would have thought that the software in the new vision box would have already been upgraded!  I'll try resetting to factory settings and will keep my fingers crossed!

LovelyAnna

It worked! great. thanks for the thread, worked for me.
Sms8649

Can you talk (give me step by step instructions) please as I now have the Error VCN800 followed by DRM1 playback error and I note that some people are finding the factory resettings are working- I would like to try this also but please give me SIMPLE instructions!! Many thanks
Beginner
mikebuk

We have 2 identical BT Vision boxes. One has upgraded to the new software, the other hasn't.

Both are connected to broadband. I have tried the reboots and still no joy.

Trying to hold buttons down on the box and reboot and unplug stuff is hard work enough due to how stuff is positioned.

Aspiring Contributor
Dave1995

Before some of you do a factory reset that willl loose your recordings, try this first.

1. Press the BT Vision button on your remote control
  2. Select Help & Settings from the menu
  3. Choose System Information
  4. Click on Reset Registration at the bottom of the page

If it doesn't work then do a factory reset.

Good luck.