Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No freeview channels found

I recieved by BT Vision box today. My old freeview box received all freeview channels but the vision box finds nothing when it scans. I've double checked the aerial lead & tried it using the old lead I had in my freeview box and the lead that came with the vision box but each time the scan comes up with nothing. The on demand stuff is there, theres just no normal freeview channels. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be gratefully recieved as it has me baffled!!!

Guru

Re: No freeview channels found

Are you sure you are plugging it the aerial into the correct socket?

Take the main aerial lead you were using and plug it in to the aerial socket of the BTVision box and scan.

That should work.

If not remove aerial scan.
Reboot box.
Stick aerial in and go again.

If that fails I suggest you phone them it is possible you have faulty box.

If you can plug the main aerial lead into your old freeview box and scan and get channels then this would be likely.

Was your reception good with your old freeview box or was it a bit hit and miss?

BT box needs a stronger signal as it has twin tuners.
Kafka's World
1000 Classical Hits

I have the same problem - just got my new BT vision box and New home hub today. Had the old silver bt Vision box and then swapped my aeriels over to my new black one, set up the adaptors, got it up and running, went to perform a scan and it picks up no channels at all.

Help :smileyhappy:

Aspiring Expert

I recommend speaking to vision THD regarding this however there may be a conflict as im aware BT vision THD do not have to send outf a fault engineer if the issue is with reeview as this is not there responsibility but if you were able to receive freeview prior to installing vision you have a valid reason as it very well be a faulty box so give them a call and speak to an advisor.

Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
Recognised Expert

kati_v123 wrote:

I have the same problem - just got my new BT vision box and New home hub today. Had the old silver bt Vision box and then swapped my aeriels over to my new black one, set up the adaptors, got it up and running, went to perform a scan and it picks up no channels at all.

Help :smileyhappy:

I haven't got a BT Vision Box so this in a question. Has the New BT Vision box had time to download any Firmware updates (if any) there may have been some since it was shipped/manufactured?

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
Guru

The new box will check/download its software as part of the setup process. If you get as far as scanning for channels then you should have the latest version.

Perhaps you do not have a digital earial and FYI, the Uk is going digital and they hope to accomplish this by the year 2012.... once this happens, all analogue signals will be shut down and only difital will exist..... maybe your aerial is reacting up now and need the change?

Aspiring Expert

The original poster was receiving freeview OK on the old box so the aerial does not appear to be the problem. As an aside there is no such thing as a "digital" aerial. There are different 'styles' of aerial eg yagi (long with 'twigs' all along the length), broadside (essentially flat with the 'twigs' arranged vertically) etc. Some are bigger (longer in the case of a yagi with more 'twigs'), some have two booms, often at an angle to each other. However, an aerial is an aerial and TV signals whether analogue or digital are electromagnetic waves that aerials are designed to intercept and feed into the coax downlead. (Satellite dishes are a little different in shape because of the extremely high frequencies involved but they still do the same job.)

This is very simplified, of course but don't be fooled by those telling you that you need a 'special digital aerial' to receive terrestrial freeview.

wedding

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Guru

There is a good basic guide to aerials here.

This is rather an old thread, I wonder if the people having problems ever got their channels and if so what did they do to get them. Maybe their skeletal remains are still looking at 0% through vacated eye sockets.

If you did get things sorted folks please let us know, it's how we gain knowledge to help others in similar positions.

Contributor

Strange this post ressurected , i just turned TV on and no picture on any channels tried reset both hub and box ...no joy, still the same black box that was working this morning no cables moved etc. Tried a scan too but no channels found.

Anyone had this happen and find a fix please ?

(hard day working and cant bear the thought of phoning BT tonight tbh lol)

Oh i live in Hampshire and have no idea about digital switchover schedules btw...