Beginner
diamonddmc

Premier Sports channel

I for one am hoping that BT are talking with Premier Sports as it would be great to see this channel launched on BT Vision.

I really miss the non-league football on Setanta as there were some cracking games.  It's not all about the premier league and financially TV rights can really help lower league clubs.

Come on BT, support the underdog!!

Expert
ttyrie

Re: Premier Sports channel

I fail to see why BT never seem to subscribe to channels like this, i looked a premier sports website and they a quite a lot a decent sport on there. Heres there website http://www.premiersports.tv/

Thanks

Expert
jam2000

Why cannot BT stream channels like other IPTV providers do?
Expert
ttyrie

An example of this would be TalkTalk TV- I'd like to see some more 'Live' channels in BT Vision such as National Geographic, Animal Planet, Discovery Shed, Discovery Channel, Discovery Real Time, Home, Home & Health, Alibi, BBC HD, Bio, Blighty, Bloomberg, Boomerang, Bravo, Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, CBS Reality, Challenge, CNBC, CNN International, Comedy Central, Comedy Central Extra, Crime and Investigation, Current TV, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Diva TV, DMAX, E! Entertainment, ESPN 24hours, ESPN America, ESPN Classic, Euronews, Eurosport, Eurosport 2, G.O.L.D, FX, Good Food, Horror Channel, Hallmark, History, ITV 1 HD, Channel 4 HD, Five HD, Sky 1, Sky 2, Sky 3, Sky Arts 1, Sky Arts 2, Syfy, TCM, Watch and Yesterday.

I would also like to see the full Sky Sports package- Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports 4, At The Races, Sky Sports News (I assume the OFCOM Ruling included these)?

I would have thought the BT Vision Boxes have the functionality to allow 'Live' channel streaming like TalkTalk TV, all BT have to do is update the software on the boxes so that Live content can be access via channel numbers in the TV Guide. If BT want to be a major competitor in the TV market then they need some more Live channels on top of the on demand content currently offered.

I think another excellent idea would to have the On- Demand interface changed so that family members/ other people in household can have there own Vision Menu- including;

1. A favorites page where they can select a particular genre/ programme that they want to watch this would save navigating through dozens of options to find something to watch.

2. Own recordings menu to save looking through all the recordings for the show they recorded.

3. Option to change background colours/ images to something of your own choosing instead of the coloured lines currently on there. Why not utilize the front USB port for this- uploading a photo etc?

4. A hard drive upgrade if you want it to say 500GB or 1TB to allow for more recording space.

5. Access to MSN and Yahoo Messenger.

6. Access to social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter etc.

7. Access to Youtube via the BT Vision Box

8. Web browser built into the BT Vision box.

9. A special keyboard for using services such as messenger, facebook, youtube and browising- like the old NTL boxes.

Hope some of these ideas will be considered by BT?

Thanks.

Expert
notoriousdbp

It would be great but the network needs to be up to the job for the amount of people who would watch at the same time. Also, the cost per month would be fairly high too.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Expert
jam2000

I notice that Talk Talk also have ESPN in HD, come on if Talk Talk can do live channels and in HD then surely BT can?
Expert
jam2000

[ Edited ]

It would appear that TalkTalk are a far bigger and more able to offer what their viewers want. Surely if TalkTalk can offer ESPN in HD then BT can and also add Premier Sport. Looks like BT are not capable, come on BT sort it out.

Expert
notoriousdbp

Talk Talk haven't got ESPN or any other channel in HD (http://www.talktalk.co.uk/products/tvextra/espn.html) and to get a decent package together it's an awful lot of money a month.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Expert
jam2000

They used to have it in HD, but they do have ESPN America.
Aspiring Contributor
dean_g1206

Hi

was wandering if there was a way of getting skysports 2 added on to my bt package?? Any reply would be useful as really want it for the new year? don't really want to have to phone it through